Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7GQKZaejZpk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• <iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Q39PLgQjD2Q?rel=0&amp;hd=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• http://www.slashfilm.com/watch-video...ning-sequence/

Immigrant Song is my favorite Zeppelin song, which puts it pretty damn high on favorite songs ever. And holy shit is that a great cover.

Comment

• I sort of want to kind of have sex with that video and cover. Just saw the original film yesterday, and I'm really, really interested in seeing how the new one plays out.

Comment

• An awesome article out of Salon today by Evelyn McDonnell as to why more female artists aren't inducted into The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame:

http://www.salon.com/2011/12/11/the_...women_problem/

I debated whether to post this in the ladies' forum or here. I decided here, because it's music related, and honestly? As much as I love you guys, and as much as I will always appreciate Rob giving the ladies a place that we can call our own and run the way we want to, the ladies forum doesn't get nearly as much traffic as something in the main forum. I didn't want anyone to see the thread bumped and think that I had more ANTM gossip. I think this is a worth-while article.
            2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• Tina Turner got in WITH Ike? What a fucking joke.

Comment

• Good article but there are several problems with the hall of fame. How is it that some older acts aren't in but groups STILL recording are? Does not compute.
                "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                  Tina Turner got in WITH Ike? What a fucking joke.
                  Yes, exactly. Thank you - I mean, come on. A true misogynist might argue, "Oh, but Ike gave her her start!", but he also beat her up - and she had to ride into the R&R HoF on the coattails of the man who abused her, rather than on her own merit, which - come on, the woman was one of the biggest stars of the 80s. It's appalling that she had to get in WITH Ike.

Josh, I agree with you - I know this article focuses on the way the HoF treats female artists, but there are plenty of problems, true. But I liked this article because I don't know that it's a problem that a lot of people think about.
                  2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

Comment

• Makes sense. This is Jan Wenner we're talking about, and I'd hardly call them the barometer of sense and logic. Turner deserves to be in the HOF on her own, without Ike. Joan Jett, Heart, etc. - the fuck aren't they in already?

Oh, and fuck the HOF for passing over Rush. Again. Actually, it's cooler that they AREN'T in the HOF; just galvanizes the fans more.

Comment

• I believe the ladies need love for sure so I'm not marginalizing that issue. And I'm not a huge Rush fan but even I realize they should be in before say the Chilli Peppers.
                      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Let's face it though, that place is solely there so Cleveland can be like HEY! HEY YOU GUYS COME VISIT SCENIC CLEVELAND WE HAVE MORE THAN PEKAR CHECK OUT ROCK AND ROLL and so they pick bands that will sell plane tickets and hotel rooms.

Comment

• True.

Comment

• <iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/iq10bz3PxyY?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

No, I'm not listening to the actual fucking song. I have department stores at this time of year to inflict that shit on me, no way am I going out of my fucking way to hear that sub-Brokencyde bullshit.
                            Last edited by Master Shake; 12-13-2011, 05:32 PM.
                            sigpic
                            360: JohnnyChopsocky PSN: Stud_Beefpile

Comment

• Oh.my.GOD!!! That was hands down one of the greatest things I've ever seen and heard! The dialogue was awesome enough, but the cartoons along with it were just icing on the cake!

Comment

• <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/i2spZ-NDfS4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
                                We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
                                - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Working...
                                X