Wrasslin'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrasslin'

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2OS9wZGb_3g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

"Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

relevant.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

That was a damn good rant. Not the best I ever saw/heard re: WWE, but damn good nonetheless.

Comment

Fantastic.
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

It's all part of the story but man was that ever the goods. Things like that is what's been missing from wrestling for a decade. The illusion of the unexpected, the idea that anything could happen. Of course there were 115 minutes of suck preceding that sooooo....
          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Agreed. That's the problem with wrestling nowadays is that it's safe, mostly to appeal to the kids. Nothing wrong with that, but after going through the Monday Night Wars, ECW in it's prime, and McMahon having some competition to work against, all the "oomph" has gone out of wrestling for me.

Hearing Punk rock the mike brought back memories of Austin, Rock, hell even Hogan and the Rock n' Wrestling folks letting loose. Even those guys would break the fourth wall every so often, lay it all out there, and the fans ate it up, guaranteeing they'd tune in next time.

It's way too early to call, but it would be cool if Punk's rant means WWE's getting an edge again.

Comment

Pretty good worked shoot. Love that Paul Heyman's name got a damn good pop. Lance Storm was pretty damn good at the worked shoot because he worked so damn stiff. CM sounds like WCW Jericho actually. Carrying a show, and not getting his push. NJPW and ROH = huge lulz Surprised he didn't drop a comment on "maybe I'll show up on another show and drop it in a trash can." OH SHIT@ HHH and Stephanie ruining the company. Did it cut out at 5:45 for everyone?

Comment

Yeah that was them cutting the mic on purpose to "censor" Punk. Spoilers are out there for the July 4th show if you care to see the fallout beforehand. Heyman and Lesnar getting brought up was great but "Hi Colt Cabana"? Awesome. Added that extra layer as did bring up NJPW and ROH. Where they got me for a second was him shitting on Stephanie and HHH because it's been said HHH was never a fan of CM Punk.

Really good worked shoot.
                "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Well, let's be honest. HHH doesn't like anyone that will draw a single dollar. He thinks he should be the entire draw, and whoever he is against. Outside of his angle, no one else should get credit for the gate.

Why was CM wearing a Stone Cold shirt?

OK, now that we have place to get all wrasslin gay let's go over our favorite moments, shall we?

Taz and Bam Bam go through the ring
                  Being right up front for WM17 and the pop for Austin being the most insane cheer I've ever heard
                  Attending the only ECW show ever to take place in Houston and Sandman falling on me
                  Masato Tanaka vs Mike Awesome after Awesome had signed his WCW contract
                  Anytime Yoshihiro Tojiri kicked the FUCK out of someone in the face
                  Lance Storm and Steve Corino. Nothing particular, I just think they were the best in ring/mic workers (respectively) that never got their due.

Comment

Never saw WWE, WCW, or ECW live, 'cept on TV. I will say I always dug Taz' entrance music and routine when he was on ECW. Same with Goldberg on WCW and there was a great moment when Rock and Austin were dueling over the Intercontinental Championship belt - the Rock had his back turned, looked at his pager, freaked out and got slammed HARD by Austin.

Comment

MANKIND HELL IN A CELL

Comment

Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                        Well, let's be honest. HHH doesn't like anyone that will draw a single dollar. He thinks he should be the entire draw, and whoever he is against. Outside of his angle, no one else should get credit for the gate.

Why was CM wearing a Stone Cold shirt?

OK, now that we have place to get all wrasslin gay let's go over our favorite moments, shall we?

Taz and Bam Bam go through the ring
                        Being right up front for WM17 and the pop for Austin being the most insane cheer I've ever heard
                        Attending the only ECW show ever to take place in Houston and Sandman falling on me
                        Masato Tanaka vs Mike Awesome after Awesome had signed his WCW contract
                        Anytime Yoshihiro Tojiri kicked the FUCK out of someone in the face
                        Lance Storm and Steve Corino. Nothing particular, I just think they were the best in ring/mic workers (respectively) that never got their due.
                        See the thing with HHH is he likes to build up people with nothing going for them then cut them off at the knees. Sheamus is a good example. HHH loved him till he was all over the main events and drawing the tiniest bit of interest then bam all of a sudden Sheamus is doing that lame ass king gimmick and losing every match.

Most of my favorite moments echo yours but I'll add one more that's slightly retarded but I loved the reaction.

A couple of my buddies and I went to a house show around the time The Rock was in the Nation of Domination. And we were on the second row right by the NoD's corner for a tag match. The Rock kept turning towards our general area talking shit, basically to everyone in the area. So one of my buddies (half drunk by this point) yells at The Rock "fuck you Rocky, you're not even black." I'm guessing his point was that he didn't fit into the whole theme of the NoD even though The Rock is half black. Like I said he was half drunk.

It obviously got under his skin OR he played it like it did because he kept jawing with my buddy. 30 seconds later our whole section of the floor is chanting "Rocky's White" and Kama Mustafa/The Godfather is laughing his ass off and tapping The Rock on the leg and giving him shit. The Rock tried to play that shit off like he was mad but after seeing Kama laughing his ass off he finally cracked a too.

That same house show Vader came out and was getting everyone all hyped up and saying "HOUSTON, get on your feet" and basically getting everyone to cheer, then he busts out "Get on your feet.....and kiss my fat ass." Shit lost @Vadertrollface.

And one last thing, meeting Bob Backlund at a house show, getting pictures with him and talking to him and 10 minutes later having him cut a promo on us in the stands for his own shits and giggles.

Comment

OH SHIT best Rock/Nation moment. Giving all his gifts out, Rolexes for all the guys then "For you Farooq" Huge ass portrait of the Rock. Incredible.

Hell In The Cell! YES Don't know how I left that off. Cactus Jack/Terry Funk in Japan hardcore match was sick. It inspired everyone else. Taker/HBK Casket match where HBK fucked up his back was great too.

Comment

The lone mankind HBK match was not shabby either. And yeah, giving Farooq a self portrait, that's around the time he really started to "get it."

Comment

Heel Rock > Face Rock ALL DAY

Comment

Working...
                              X