Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People  

Go Back   Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People > General Category > Video Games

Video Games We play them, and we know you do. Discuss games ranging from Custard's Revenge to Burnout Revenge here.

Old 01-16-2018, 11:08 AM
It's in the bone!

Trejo is so fucking epic it hurtsTrejo is so fucking epic it hurtsTrejo is so fucking epic it hurtsTrejo is so fucking epic it hurtsTrejo is so fucking epic it hurtsTrejo is so fucking epic it hurtsTrejo is so fucking epic it hurtsTrejo is so fucking epic it hurtsTrejo is so fucking epic it hurtsTrejo is so fucking epic it hurtsTrejo is so fucking epic it hurts

Tried that Dead and Buried game on Oculus last night - the shooting range and horde mode are OK but played a bunch of the Quickdraw mode and that's what I'm fuggin talkin about. Felt like I was living in The Quick and the Dead, only with more virtual dabbing and jerkoff motioning
Old 01-20-2018, 10:03 PM
where's the beef?

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

Picked up Bridge Crew for the Oculus since it was on sale. Still dig the shit out of it. Really does make you feel like you're a starship captain.
Old 01-22-2018, 03:58 PM
The red capes are coming

Fil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy Barty

Finished Deus Ex Mankind Divided. Had fun going through it all stealth no kills. Shame it's not continuing anytime soon.

So, I wasn't going to bother with Metal Gear Survive, but I watched the Giant Bomb preview of it and it kinda made me curious to give the beta a try. Played a lot of it this weekend. Actually had some fun, wouldn't say it's a good game, I don't see myself getting it unless the reviews are fantastic. I can see myself maybe playing the game eventually if the review are decent. at least singleplayer wise. It's a shame the Fox engine isn't being put to use more.

How's Darksiders 2? I played the first one, it was decent, thinking of maybe playing the 2 next.
Old 01-23-2018, 10:45 AM
Fleshlight King

BillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandas

Darksiders 2 was disappointing. The loot mechanic kind of dragged it down for me.

Grabbed Darkest Dungeon on switch, with all the DLC since I never played it after it hit 1.0. Also grabbed and played some Gunhouse on switch...and I feel like I am just missing something there. The puzzle part is just kind of annoying, which isn't good for a puzzle game. Going to grab Iconoclasts today and very excited for that. Still debating MonHunWorld Friday.
Old 01-23-2018, 06:30 PM
where's the beef?

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

Beat my first dungeon in Battle Chasers. Dig it.
Old 01-23-2018, 06:33 PM
where's the beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fil View Post
Finished Deus Ex Mankind Divided. Had fun going through it all stealth no kills. Shame it's not continuing anytime soon.

So, I wasn't going to bother with Metal Gear Survive, but I watched the Giant Bomb preview of it and it kinda made me curious to give the beta a try. Played a lot of it this weekend. Actually had some fun, wouldn't say it's a good game, I don't see myself getting it unless the reviews are fantastic. I can see myself maybe playing the game eventually if the review are decent. at least singleplayer wise. It's a shame the Fox engine isn't being put to use more.

How's Darksiders 2? I played the first one, it was decent, thinking of maybe playing the 2 next.
Just started Deus Ex again. Not sure if I'm a fan or not yet. Same issue I had when I originally bought it. I just really HATE the voice actor for Jensen.

Survive looks ok I guess. Probably never going to play it unless given it free via PSN.

I really want to get back to trying the original Darksiders. I never really gave it a chance and would like to because I know it's awesome.
Old 01-24-2018, 04:04 PM
The red capes are coming

Fil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy Barty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
Just started Deus Ex again. Not sure if I'm a fan or not yet. Same issue I had when I originally bought it. I just really HATE the voice actor for Jensen.

Survive looks ok I guess. Probably never going to play it unless given it free via PSN.

I really want to get back to trying the original Darksiders. I never really gave it a chance and would like to because I know it's awesome.
Yeah, I can see why people might not like Deus Ex. I feel like it's probably a mediocre shooter, but as a stealth game it's pretty fun.

I kinda hope they get desperate and throw a Battle Royale mode in Survive. Not sure they even could, but a PUBG with the Fox engine would be interesting.

I know a lot of people loved the first Darksiders, I thought it was okay. I remember getting stuck and quit the game and then came back a year or 2 later to try again and actually looked up a guide on how to pass the area I was stuck in. The shit Billy said about 2 along with me barely liking the first game has me second guessing playing the 2nd game.
Old 01-25-2018, 08:48 AM
where's the beef?

Darksiders was great if only because it was edgelord Zelda.

Man I have to thank you Russ and Billy for talking me into grabbing Battle Chasers. Having a blast with this game so far. It totally hits that nostalgia boner for RPGs.

Thinking about grabbing Monster Hunter tomorrow. Any of you guys grabbing it and if so what system? I'd love to at least get one game in with some of you.
Old 01-25-2018, 09:13 AM
Fleshlight King

BillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandas

I'm grabbing MonHunWorld on PS4 to play with a couple friends. Wanted to get it on XBOX but one of the guys I know getting it doesn't have one.

I need to go back to Battle Chasers. I have a feeling it's going to sit on my PS4 for a while then I will buy it again on Switch.

Darkest Dungeon on Switch is nice, but kind of a pain. It switches between touch and control pad schemes. And the text is TINY. Like, blow that shit up. Font size is free man. It doesn't control awful, it just feels odd in some ways. Still, it's a good game for the Switch.

The Iconoclasts is great. I am really loving it. I'm about 3 hours in, and I heard it's around 12 hours so I am good taking my time with it and just playing an hour a night or so. All the boss fights are SO GOOD.
Old 01-25-2018, 10:49 AM
It's in the bone!

Trejo is so fucking epic it hurtsTrejo is so fucking epic it hurtsTrejo is so fucking epic it hurtsTrejo is so fucking epic it hurtsTrejo is so fucking epic it hurtsTrejo is so fucking epic it hurtsTrejo is so fucking epic it hurtsTrejo is so fucking epic it hurtsTrejo is so fucking epic it hurtsTrejo is so fucking epic it hurtsTrejo is so fucking epic it hurts

Picked up Frank's Big Package / Dead Rising 4 on PS4, currently 30% off and had code for an additional 10% on top

Even after a few hours I see where a lot of the complaints about the game and this new Frank come from, they did a pretty awful job recasting. Story is a joke, "frank let's go to Willamette" "no I don't ever want to go back!" "But there's a story.." "ok let me drive" and later "hey Frank the town is completely full of zombies, again, can you go back and do a story?" "No I don't ever want to go back!" "But the person that made you go back earlier is there.." "ok I'm driving"

But it is soo nice to be able to just go explore the mall and do whatever the fuck I want without 5 different clocks going off at all times. But the fact that 90% of the zombies are the same elf thing and that they now run and chase is kinda weak, zombies in the other games done better

Still, for almost half price a month after launch I'm gonna have a good time goofing around in this

Last edited by Trejo; 01-25-2018 at 10:54 AM.
Old 01-25-2018, 11:26 AM
where's the beef?

DR4 is the best Dead Rising.
Old 01-25-2018, 11:33 AM
Benis

Captain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The Fahey

Glad Garrison and the gang are treatin’ ya well Rob. That art style just fits that genre so well.

Always been curious about Monster Hunter. A pal of mine is a screaming die hard about it but I have never played any of them.

Picked up Nioh only for it to hit me in the taint for buying it.
Old 01-26-2018, 12:13 PM
where's the beef?

is Nioh that samurai Bloodborne game?
Old 01-26-2018, 03:04 PM
where's the beef?

Monster Hunter is pretty sweet. Took down a few giant beasts so far and trying out different weapons. Currently digging the katana and the crossbow gun.
Old 01-26-2018, 03:24 PM
Benis

Captain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The Fahey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
is Nioh that samurai Bloodborne game?
The very same.

It is a hostile place, this demon-haunted Japan.

The combat mechanics are a bit of a bitch to get used to, as it's all based around finding windows of opportunity when your opponent's stamina has been depleted and their guard is weak.

It gets especially intense when there are multiple mobs trying to sword-bang your soulholes.

Last edited by Captain Russ; 01-26-2018 at 03:26 PM.
Old 01-26-2018, 03:30 PM
where's the beef?

easier or harder than Dark Souls 3?
Old 01-26-2018, 04:43 PM
It's in the bone!

Way harder, IMO. The combat gets needlessly complicated with adding low/medium/high stances to all the weapons, a wierd ki system/negative energy fields you have to clear out mid combat and a really punishing stamina system. It follows the Bloodborne mechanic of limited healing items (as in, when you rest at a bonfire they are not replenished) but its way less generous with giving them out than BB. Less focus on single target combat and a lot more getting mobbed by tons of shit. Bosses feel way less balanced, tons of 1 or 2 hit kill stuff and spamming abilities.

The trade off is its all mission based and not just one big open game. So you can play it bite sized chunks. The problem is, the limited backtracking in Soulsborne stuff feels pretty organic due to how well designed the level layouts are. Here, you'll do 5 missions in a row that are all the same little level and you just start from different points each time and play through it backwards/fowards/sideways ad naseum.

I got halfway through the second continent and got really fed up with how cheap it feels. Souls challenges always felt more fair, like if I died it's cause I fucked up. This just feels bullshit half the time

Last edited by Trejo; 01-26-2018 at 04:47 PM.
Old 01-27-2018, 05:52 PM
where's the beef?

yeah, pass then.

On the flippity flop, Monster Hunter World is the fucking shiiiiit. Cruising through missions at them moment. Just got the ghillie suit. yay.
Old 01-27-2018, 07:36 PM
where's the beef?

Ceej and I were just playing some Rec Room in VR. If yall have it add me BrainDeadRadio and we should try to get 4 of us. Could play VR charades hahah.
Old 01-27-2018, 08:36 PM
Shut up, crime!

gravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandas

That's cross play, right? I think I downloaded it on PS4 last time you mentioned it but never tried it out.