No announcement yet.

Help, Helper Monkee!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefox has been shitting out on me as well. I went over to Chrome. You should be able to import your bookmarks via the settings in Chrome.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I'll give it a shot later today - thanks, Rob!

For the moment, Firefox seems a bit stable. Earlier this morning, I blew off a Weather Channel app I got last month, and (so far) it seems to have helped). I'll keep an eye on it today.

Comment

• 2 queations:
        I did a mix cd for the wife, but most of the songs arent on our iTunes,and we all know how much of a bitch iTunes is with single songs. So, to keep my mix as it is as a playlist, it there a freeware or something I can torrent to import the songs as a playlist straight from the cd, or an easy playlist maker?

And I got that old Ghostbusters cartoon off the web, ane I need to convert it from avi to something else, likely mp4. Anyone know of a good free converter?
        BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• See if handbrake works for converting video files.

Comment

• I ask for help and I got crickets. FUKKHA EWE GUISE!!!!
            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• If you find someone that can figure out WMP then you found a Windows Programmer stuck in a cubicle next to the shitter.

Comment

• It's both sad and true. Seriously why is windows soooo shitty?
                "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Say I have an external hard drive that, when I connect to a laptop, gives me a "this is USB device has malfunctioned" error. Trying to uninstall and reinstall drivers does nothing. I downloaded the Maxtor Manager software (it's a Maxtor drive, obviously) and even that won't recognize the drive. I was hoping there was some kind of reset or rebuild I could do. Is the drive toast at this point? I assume so.

Comment

• I'm assuming you removed the shit from the device manager yeah?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2654149
                    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• also, and it's dumb, but have you tried a different usb cable? We had audio issues with the cast for like a year and it came down to a fucking usb cable that was dying...

I was livid since we spent so much time/money on new shit and the fix was using a goddamn new usb cable for 3 bucks.

Comment

• I did try the device manager steps but didnt try a new cable. I think it has a goofy connection on the hard drive side so I might be out of luck. It's a work drive and trying to get authorization to buy shit is a fool's errand. Thanks for the tips, Rob!

Comment

• Dumb question number two: did you reboot the computer? Or shut down all the way and start up again?

Comment

• Yep, did that. I think the drive might have been physically damaged because it was underneath my desk and I accidentally knocked it over a while back. This week I finally got around to plugging it in to see if it would work.

Comment

• Getting 502 gateway errors like a motherfucker today.
                              My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• yeah, no clue as to why.

Comment

Working...
                                X