Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weird shit you ate as a kid, or even now...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird shit you ate as a kid, or even now...

After the discussion started down this road in the ep 71 thread, I thought this could a fun thread. Thanks to Ed for suggesting the thread.

As a kid I ate big fucking scoops of Margerine. I'd carry the tub around with me and just NOM NOM NOM until I was full. Then I'd drink pickle juice. So I was either a weird kid or was pregnant but then absorbed the fetus.

How about you? Did you eat weird food as a child or even now?

I honestly can't think of anything I eat now that people give me weird looks for, except for maybe mayo with my fries. But that's a German thing
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Originally posted by Rob View Post
    I honestly can't think of anything I eat now that people give me weird looks for, except for maybe mayo with my fries. But that's a German thing
    No. That's a regional thing. A fucked up regional thing.

But anyway, I used to eat cocktail olives by the handful. My mom was pissed when she'd be looking for them when it was time to make a martini a.k.a., gasoline-in-a-fancy-glass.

Aside from that, I'd always drown my rice in soy sauce whenever it was teriyaki chicken night.

Also: those little disposable dipping sauces from McDonald's? The BBQ ones were had without the nuggets to accompany them. And they were delicious.
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

I used to eat mac and cheese powder packets, cottage cheese and strawberry jelly, S.O.S. (chipped beef on toast) is odd to some

Comment

Regional? I have to beg my friends to try it here. Almost everyone I know uses ketchup.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Peanut butter, honey and banana sandwiches. Top that bitches.
          We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
          - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

WE eat those now. Well I do. Shit is mad good. The girl just likes honey and PB though. Fry those fuckers up in some butter next time. OH SNAPS.

Comment

Honey is natural goodness. To tie into the bees thread. Growing up, my pop had 4 hives in our back yard (go figure a IT nerd also being farming inclined). Honey harvest time at the Barr house? Good times. Soooooo much honey eaten. Getting stung by bees? Bad times.
              We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.

Comment

Shit, we lived next to a guy that had a bunch of hives and we'd get free honey. Nothing better than fresh honey. Oh man, *drool*

Comment

People who have never tried natural honey do NOT know what they are missing. So much different from the store bought junk. For realz.

Comment

Regional? I have to beg my friends to try it here. Almost everyone I know uses ketchup.
                    Well, then that's a new one, sir.

It's apparently gone over big in England, from what my steppops tells me.

Also: tried the peanut butter and banana sammiches deep fried at the State Fair last year (or the year before). I could only take a small square of it. Shit was TOO MUCH of a good thing.

Also: honeysuckle trees/shrubs/whateverthehell grew in our old backyard. My sister and I would be back there all day as kids, breaking open the blooms for the nectar. Yeah. THE NECTAR.
                    Last edited by Captain Russ; 07-20-2009, 05:30 PM.
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

Like I said in the other thread. I used to eat mustard and cheese sandwiches.
                      "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Mustard = YUCK

Comment

Originally posted by Hbarr View Post
                          Peanut butter, honey and banana sandwiches. Top that bitches.
                          Thanks to my DAD.. bologna and cheese with miracle whip and chunky peanut butter sandwich
                          I'm Asian. I have naturally squinty eyes, which helps when reading small print/text.--Nerdious
                          Sasha Grey makes my willy do things that my balls are scared of.--Ari
                          Oh Wendy O. How she makes my balls climb into my scrotum.--Rob
                          She doesn't have a hippo shaped cock.--Ari

Comment

JESUS CHRIST. COREY WINS SO FAR.

Comment

Mustard = YUCK
                              So wrong. And you're from German descent!? BOOLSHEET!
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                              X