Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PodCaust Episode 35: Gotta catch em all!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, Murphy's death scene in Robocop. Freaked me out as a kid. So brutal.
    Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
    Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
    POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

Woody's Dad is dead now, I think. Woody is from a town about 20 miles from me. Don't mess with Ohio. We's crazy.

Comment

apparently.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

What'd you say, boy?

Comment

We really like dem french fried taters, mmm-hmm.

Comment

Ari sounded like Cronkite's double-y chromosome cabanna lady-boy.

Comment

Dumb=mute, in the context of the question, by the way. Forgot I posted so many questions.

Comment

Oh yeah, forgot to mention Robocop 2. I saw this as a kid, because the first one was so badass to me.

I actually thought Kane's transformation scene into RC2 was awesome. I wanted a toy of the dude, complete with the brain/eye case. I can't believe you cried about it. It was silly even back then.

I guess I was just raised on hardcore shit. Momz was hardcore.
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

I was one fucking sheltered kid...thanks ma!

Plus, I wasn't expecting that at all. Something about the eyes freaked me the fuck out. Oh yeah, THEY WERE JUST FLOATING THERE.
                    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

There was some connective tissue. The surgeons must have been the A-Team of surgeons. How they got his brain, spinal column, and eyes out of his Nuked-out body is a science fiction unto itself.
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

Either way. That movie's tone was all over the place. I love it now, but it caught me off guard, especially since my uncle said it was a kids' movie. I was not expecting it.

Comment

Definately not a kids movie. Very brutal deaths/mutilations/surgerys/old men in hot tubs.

Comment

This is all true.

Tonally, it seems like the predecessor to Miller's more batshit crazy tone-shifts.

Latest experiment in off-the-fucking-wall tonal shifts? The Spirit.
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

Which I heard sucks apparently? At least the footage they showed at SDCC08. I can't wait to check it out. Never read an issue of The Spirit in my life, so I have no preexisting notions of what it should be.

Comment

It sounds like the biggest disaster since Jabba the Hanks and Rat-puppet Ryan's movies.

But with a Nazi Sam Jackson, and women with writing on their faces.

And shitty wirework on a digital backlot, and awful pulp dialogue.

Yes, I am a fan of The Spirit. No, Frank Miller should not be handling the property.
                                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                                X