Dazzler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where does Marrow fit into all of this?
    "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

I found it!

Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

Originally posted by BiG B View Post
        I found it!

That was right after the Beauty and the Beast mini-series which was a desperate attempt to save the solo book.

She joins the X-Men at the end of this and the book cancelled.

Paul Chadwick was drawing the book at the time. His disgust over a female character not being able to support her own title led him to quit big books and go indie. He later created Concrete for Dark Horse, which still runs to this day. One of the longest running indie comics of all time.

...and now you know.
        My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

"Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by PAULINE KAEL View Post
            Should be a bigger character than she is.
            Still a true statement. Claremont really fucked things up when he had them go through the Siege Perilous. In fact that pretty muched was when my love affair with Claremont ended.
            We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
            - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Howard View Post
              Still a true statement. Claremont really fucked things up when he had them go through the Siege Perilous. In fact that pretty muched was when my love affair with Claremont ended.

Matt Fraction has been trying to bring her back with really no fanfare.
              My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

I don't think he likes the character (and doesn't really get her either). I'm inclined to think he was forced to use her.
                We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.

Comment

What kills me about it is, Dazzler gets lumped out as a gay/female character. You know what, Marvel/Disney/Sheinhardt Wig Company? You need more of these.

Fuck, Marvel is notorious as being a Boys' Club that only trumps out the new cock based folk when they get in trouble or sales slip. But, Jesus Christ.

Having a naturally woven-in female character with a following is a need, not a liability.

Comment

I've always thought she was one of the best female X-Men. Here's a character that juggled career, life and being a hero. Marvel ended up with a potentially deep character which is surprising considering she was supposed to be a one-note character (pun intended). I kinda wish Morrison would have taken a crack at her on his run.

Comment

Why not just have Grant Morrison's Northstar? That would be a mindfuck if there ever was one.

Comment

I never understood why they introduce Jubilee when they had Dazzler kicking around. Was it because they wanted a young girl to maybe pull in new, younger readers? Also, the way they introduced Jubilee was stupid to begin with. Homeless mallrat in a one-off Uncanny issue? I think it was even a Liefeld guest stint. I could be confusing that with the companion issue that featured Wolverine and the guys going to a bar and getting into a fight with some random aliens, though.

Jesus, how did I remember even that much?

Comment

Originally posted by EdHocken View Post
                          Why not just have Grant Morrison's Northstar? That would be a mindfuck if there ever was one.

Northstar is such a shit character. Matt Fraction is trying to recreate the character as a Canadian liason/gay spokesperson.

But, it feels so trite.

Comment

I kinda hope she makes an appearance in the upcoming Deadpool Team-Up.
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

Originally posted by PAULINE KAEL View Post
                              But, it feels so trite.
                              I think the character was alwas that way. But then, I never read a story that featured him.

Comment

Originally posted by EdHocken View Post
                                I think the character was alwas that way. But then, I never read a story that featured him.
                                Not always but he's another character they don't know what to do with (along with his sister). He's best in a team (as the anti-whatever character) not solo. His angst dealing with his dad and sister should have been his defining moment instead it was mishandled.

Comment

Working...
                                X