• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
    scalloped potatoes are grosssssss
    the depression is taking a grip man, you gotta see a doctor

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
      scalloped potatoes are grosssssss
      Let Kenji light your way to wisdom with Hasselback potatoes.
      BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• that looks fucking gross man. Sorry, I just don't like the texture of scalloped potatoes. Give me those fuckers smashed.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• You goddamn barbarian.
          BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• It's a crispy potato covered in dairy! What's not to love?!

Comment

• Personally, I love potatoes. I love 'em baked, scalloped, made into hash browns, mashed...any which way a potato can be cooked, I'll eat it.

Now, for Thanksgiving (no matter what happens this year) I am making Thomas Jefferson's Sweet Potato biscuits again. My loving brother-in-law requested them and I am going to make them.
              Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs!

Comment

• The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies

3/4 C unsalted butter
                3/4 C Crisco
                1 1/4 C white sugar
                1 1/4 C packed brown sugar
                1 Tbsp vanilla*
                2 eggs, room temp
                4 C AP flour
                2 tsp baking soda
                1 bag(roughly 3 cups)**

Heat oven to 350. Cream together the butter, shortening, sugars, vanilla, and eggs until light and fluffy. Stir in flour, soda, and salt. Carefully add the chips***.

On ungreased cookie sheet(I use parchment paper), drop dough by tablespoonfuls or use a #40 cookie scoop(my preferred method as they all come out the same size) a couple of inches apart.

Bake 11-13 minutes until light brown. If you wait until they look "done", they're over-cooked. Cool 1-2 minutes on the cookie sheet, then transfer to a cooling rack.

*I shouldn't have to say this, as you are all cooks, but use the real stuff. No that imitation shit. If possible, make your own; it's super simple. 8 oz good vodka and 2 split and seeded vanilla beans. Put it all(liquid, beans, seeds) in a bottle with a lid and allow to sit quietly for 3 months.

**The original recipe called for a 24 oz bag, or about 4 cups of chocolate chips. After making these a few dozen times, I feel that's too much. But if you like chocolate chips with a small amount of dough, go for it!

***If you heathens want nuts in your cookies, add 2 cups with your chocolate and definitely diminish the amount of chips a bit.
                Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• I know there are more fun recipes out there(a co-worker adds a vanilla pudding packet to her recipe), but I like this one for how simple the ingredients are, how easy it is to make, and how all around tasty it is. I found it on the Gold Medal Flour bag and tweaked it ever so slightly and have found that it is far superior to the Toll House recipe.
                  Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• Oh shit. This looks legit. Need to make my own vanilla shit I guess. Thanks Ingrid!!!
                    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• I'm terrible in the kitchen but every year I make a cake for my wife on her birthday. I tell her to find a recipe she wants and give it a shot. Somehow she always picks things that are complicated and/or take forever to prepare. This year she went with this one-

http://www.countryliving.com/food-dr...c=social-email

It's flippin' delicious. The crunchy layers added to the regular cake layers are legit. Be advised you need way more heavy cream than listed to make the frosting light and spreadable.

Comment

• Persian-Style Chicken and Crispy Rice (the cheap way)

Ingredients:
                        • 10 oz. chicken breast (or just 1 package which is usually about 16 oz.)
                        • 1/2 cup Jasmine Rice
                        • 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
                        • 1 lemon
                        • 1 zucchini
                        • 1 yellow onion
                        • 1 bunch of Parsley
                        • 3 tablespoons of almonds
                        • 1 1/2 tablespoons of dried currants (OR golden raisans chopped)
                        • 2 tablespoons buttter
                        • 1 1/2 teaspoons of spice blend (ground caradmom, ground cumin, ground tumeric)

1. Preheat the oven to 475ºF. In a small pot, combine the rice, a big pinch of salt, and 1 cup of water. Heat to boiling on high. Once boiling, cover and reduce the heat to low. Cook 12 to 14 minutes, or until the water has been absorbed and the rice is tender. Turn off the heat and fluff the cooked rice with a fork. Transfer half the cooked rice to a sheet pan; spread into an even layer. Set the remaining cooked rice aside in a warm place.
                        2. While the rice cooks, wash and dry the fresh produce. Peel and thinly slice the onion. Quarter the zucchini lengthwise; cut crosswise into ¼-inch-thick pieces. Roughly chop the almonds. Roughly chop the parsley leaves and stems. Using a peeler, remove the yellow rind of the lemon, avoiding the white pith; mince the rind to get 2 teaspoons of zest (or use a zester). Quarter and deseed the lemon. Place the currants in a bowl; top with the juice of 2 lemon wedges.
                        3. Pat the chicken dry with paper towels and transfer to a bowl. Season with salt, pepper, and the spice blend; toss to coat. In a medium pan (nonstick, if you have one), heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil on medium-high until hot. Add the seasoned chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, 5 to 7 minutes, or until browned and cooked through. Leaving any browned bits (or fond) in the pan, transfer to a plate and set aside in a warm place.
                        4. Add the butter to the pan of reserved fond and heat on medium-high until melted. Add the onion; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, 5 to 7 minutes, or until lightly browned and slightly softened. Add the zucchini; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, 5 to 7 minutes, or until softened. Add the almonds, cooked chicken, and half the parsley; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until thoroughly combined. Turn off the heat and season with salt and pepper to taste.
                        5. While the vegetables cook, drizzle the sheet pan of cooked rice with olive oil. Bake, stirring halfway through, 7 to 9 minutes, or until lightly browned and crispy. Remove from the oven and let stand for at least 2 minutes. Carefully transfer to the pot of remaining cooked rice. Stir in the currants (or raisins) (including any liquid). Season with salt and pepper to taste.
                        6. While the rice bakes, in a bowl, whisk together the lemon zest, yogurt, the juice of the remaining lemon wedges, and 1 teaspoon of water. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Divide the finished rice between 2 dishes and top with the finished chicken and vegetables. Top with spoonfuls of the lemon yogurt. Garnish with the remaining parsley. Serve with the remaining lemon yogurt on the side. Enjoy!

This shit is so goddamn good and filling.

Comment

• Pistachio Cake with Walnuts

1 pkg. white cake mix (regular size)
                          1 package (3.4 oz) Instant pistachio pudding mix
                          3 eggs
                          1 cup club soda
                          3/4 cup canola oil
                          1 cup chopped walnuts (I substituted pecans)

Frosting
                          1 package (3.4 oz) Instant pistachio pudding mix
                          1 cup 2% milk
                          1 carton (8 oz) frozen whipped topping (a.k.a. Cool Whip)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 10 inch fluted tube pan (Bundt pan) (Instead of greasing and flouring, you can use a baking spray with flour in it)

In a large bowl, combine the first 5 ingredients and beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Fold in nuts and transfer to prepared pan.

Bake for 40 - 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing it from the pan to a wire rack and cooling it completely.

For the frosting:

In a large bowl, combine the milk and the pudding mix. Beat on low speed for 1 minute. Fold in the whipped topping. Spread over the cake. Store the cake in the refrigerator.

Comment

• I have a great hot apple cider recipe I got from Pinterest. It's as follows:

1/2 gallon apple cider
                            1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
                            1/4 tsp. ground allspice
                            3 - 3" sticks of cinnamon
                            10 whole cloves
                            2 cups orange juice
                            zest of one orange

Combine all ingredients in a pot and heat for 15 minutes. Strain and serve.

This cider recipe is good and very warming.

Comment

• Fluffy Buttemilk Waffles

3 eggs
                              1 1/2 C buttermilk
                              1/2 C oil(canola or the like)
                              1 3/4 flour
                              1/2 tsp salt
                              1 tsp baking soda
                              2 tsp baking powder

Mix wet ingredients together. Add dry and mix until blended. Pour onto hot waffle iron and pull off when the steaming stops(or when it beeps or the light goes off, whatever you have going on).
                              Makes 8-ish full sized waffles or a fuck load of Eggo sized waffles(like 20 or something).

Comment

• Also, they can be made ahead of time. My mom used to do them before she left for work in the morning and we’d cook them for dinner. But obviously fresh is best.

Comment

Working...
                                X