Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summer 2012 Box Office Predictions, Motherfuckers

Lay em down right now, bitches yo.

Recorded the summer predictions show on Movie Moan and since we're going to see tons of articles across the Interwebs with their calls, let's see yours.
    Originally posted by Ari
    The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

The Avengers vs Dark Knight Rises, with DKR taking the win, probably going to be the flick to beat this summer. Spider-Man is gonna be the waterboy.

Prometheus will be the big sci-fi genre flick, but I'm not sure it'll do DKR business.

Brave's got the lock on the kids/family section. It's Pixar. It's Disney. It's gonna make a ton of cash. Might eclipse DKR.

I'm predicting DKR vs. Brave as to which flick will dominate the summer.

Comment

I shall throw my hat in the ring for The Three Stooges to WIN ALL OF THE BOXOFFICE.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Real tragedy is, you might be right on some level. Folks turned out for Grown Ups, so...

Comment

The Dark Knight Rises breaks the midnight, single and 3-day records. Settles in at $440 million domestic and busts the $1 billion cherry.

The Avengers will be the highest grossing Marvel film by $340 million. But I sense it'll be insanely front-loaded and like the non-Iron Mans not play broad to the masses. This has the benefit of opening the summer, 3D ticket-bump and being the first film to team-up superheros from separate movies into one. And...people still love Downey's Tony Stark/Shellhead.

The Amazing Spider-Man limps its way to $200 million. Could go a little higher...or possibly a little lower. Buddy of mine went to a big exhibitor meeting last week and said the consensus was it was the dog of the batch and they got to see a lot of early stuff (i.e. Hobbit scenes[!?!], Skyfall trailer, etc.)

Brave
          I have at $250 million. Its Pixar, bitches and Cars 2 was a fluke. This plays across all four quads.
          Last edited by FilmNerdJamie; 04-09-2012, 09:03 AM.
          Originally posted by Ari
          The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

That's the vibe I've been getting from Spider-Man. It's gonna make some money, but it's gonna disappoint.

Brave is gonna make serious bank, especially from girls and their moms. My sister-in-law's already making plans for my niece eventually checking this out.

Comment

G.I. Joe: Retaliation
              Rock of Ages
              Neighborhood Watch
              The Bourne Legacy
              Total Recall

Comment

are all movies!
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

I predict the Avengers film will be a strong contender for highest gross in the swass season, but the end to the Batmeng SO EDGY trilogy will curbstomp everything else.
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

Originally posted by Theodore Stabbington View Post
                    I shall throw my hat in the ring for The Three Stooges to WIN ALL OF THE BOXOFFICE.
                    You crazy son
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

Comment

Watch The Three Stooges rack up a $500 mil opening weekend, destroy every known record for the next 25 years, Oscar nominations out the ass, and Rob sporting a shit-eating grin for the next few months.

It'd almost be worth it.

Comment

You forgot Sean Hayes winning an NAACP award.

He's not Larry, he's playing Blarry, Larry's Black Brother. In whiteface.
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

OK, now you're talking crazy.

Comment

Bout damn time
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                              X