Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If the Oscars had to happen today, it would look like this. (Forecasting Thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Streep will win again. But for this? Not seeing it.
    Originally posted by Ari
    The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

FINAL FORECASTING UPDATE BEFORE TUESDAY MORNING

8 noms not 10 for Best Picture.

War Horse shut out of Director and Possible Picture.
      Bridesmaids is going to do under 5 noms, but still get shit it doesn't deserve.
      Damian Bechiar slips into Best Actor.
      Foreign language flicks beat expectations.
      Best Editing is going to determine Best Picture this year.
      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

My predictions for some potential snubs in being nominated:

Best Film
        Drive
        Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy
        Tree of Life

Best Actress
        Rooney Mara

Best Actor
        Gary Oldman

Best Director
        Steven Spielberg
        Terrence Mallick
        Nicolas Winding Refn
        David Fincher

Comment

Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close and Dragon Tattoo proves that you can still buy awards.

Plus, Lionsgate through a hail mary with Margin Call and won.

Disney should already be contacted about winning for The Muppets. 2 noms in a single category and the other nom wasn't even promoted in the category.
          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

Albert Brooks, Fassbender and Tilda Swinton getting fucked over is really obnoxious.

Comment

I knew that Animation was going to go weird this year, but this shit was left field.

Comment

9/11: the Movie getting nominated.

Fuck. You. Academy.
                Originally posted by Ari

Comment

Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post

Fuck. You. Academy.

That's the one that genuinely surprised everyone. But, WB also threw down hard on free screenings and getting it in front of voting parties.

Comment

Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post

Fuck. You. Academy.
                    Are they fucking kidding? I get the dry heaves just watching the commercial. Plus, now we'll have to disinfect my beloved Sandy B. by hosing her down with bleach and Lysol.
                    2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

At least Sandra has Gravity coming this year.

Comment

Still don't get why the Oscars matter.
                        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                          At least Sandra has Gravity coming this year.
                          I mean, I get it - she's been racking up the serious awards the past few years for movies that have had some controversy attached to them. "Crash", "The Blind Side", and now "9/11: Aww, They Blew Up Tom Hanks!" The fact that she's being legitimately honored for serious stuff would be, I'm sure, heady for any actor. She sure isn't getting Oscar nods for "The Proposal" and "Two Weeks Notice", so I get it. And I don't begrudge her, because I loveses her. But I mean... damn, Sandy!
                          2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

Originally posted by Theodore Stabbington View Post
                            Still don't get why the Oscars matter.

Much like American democracy, historical weight carries it more than overall importance.

You support it for what it was and now what it has become.

Comment

Originally posted by Lisa View Post
                              I mean, I get it - she's been racking up the serious awards the past few years for movies that have had some controversy attached to them. "Crash", "The Blind Side", and now "9/11: Aww, They Blew Up Tom Hanks!" The fact that she's being legitimately honored for serious stuff would be, I'm sure, heady for any actor. She sure isn't getting Oscar nods for "The Proposal" and "Two Weeks Notice", so I get it. And I don't begrudge her, because I loveses her. But I mean... damn, Sandy!
                              But Lisaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, don't you know how meaningful 9/11: Aww, They Blew Yo Tom Hanks is! THEY PLAY U2 IN THE TRAILER!!!!!
                              Originally posted by Ari

Comment

Originally posted by Lisa View Post
                                Are they fucking kidding? I get the dry heaves just watching the commercial. Plus, now we'll have to disinfect my beloved Sandy B. by hosing her down with bleach and Lysol.

Comment

Working...
                                X