No announcement yet.

My Computer Died Yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's AMD. I thought that I wanted Intel Pentium for gaming?
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

I prefer Intel. Rocking a quad-core atm.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

You can go either way, I was just going with the cheapest on your wallet. I prefer Intel as well. Tell me what you want to spend and I'll send you my recommendation. As well as what type of games you're planning on playing.

Comment

I'm playing Star Trek Online (and similar) and Dragon Age: Origins/Awakenings. My dead rig played Age of Conan, but not at full settings. Again, I was hoping to keep this around $700.

Also, I don't think that I have the patience to wait for a shipping date of the 24th.
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

Ah yea, if shipping is an issue IBP isn't the best pick unless you go for one of their "Ships Today" specials.

Comment

Just don't go and buy a Dell or some shit at a ridiculous price at Best Buy or any brick and mortar store.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Gonna hit Micro Center and see what they have/suggest. I know what I want and I know what I'm willing to pay for it.

Dammit, Rob: I'm tempted to hit you up for some Computer Building.

Comment

I'd pass on that. I NEVER build someone else's machine. I did it once and accidentally fried the MB on first startup. That's why I have my buddy build my machines for me (GO HELPER MONKEY!). That was the worst feeling EVER.

"I'm really sorry but I accidentally fried your mobo....It'll be another 2 weeks before they can send the part out again."

Comment

Yea, same, I don't even like building my own machines (hence started buying from IBP) let alone someone's PC. Hell, I spent the whole 15 minutes it took to install a new HDD cussing my computer. My best friend and I built brand new machines from scratch a while back, and helped each other. It was a huge pain in the ass, mostly because it was each our first PC build, but it's so tedious and one little wire can ruin all your work and you'll spend hours finding it.

Comment

If you have the budget for it Billy's correct IBP has some good deals. I however am a penny pincher and can not fathom paying more for something when I know I can put it together for less. It also helps that my bro-in-law helps me with the builds. Don't get me wrong I do all of the constructing but he handles bios, OS install and getting out all of the kinks.

IBP had some really good deals the other day too but I'm not even sure what all I want yet. May need to get some outside opinions on a few things.

Let us know how it turns out.
                      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Hit Micro Center and bought a basic machine and upgraded the fuck out of it. I should be screaming along quite nicely on Star Trek Online...once I get it all installed, anyways.

Man, Windows 7 is gonna take a bit of getting used to...

Comment

Yeah, it took me like a week to figure out where everything is, but I'm digging the hell outta win 7.

Comment

Working...
                          X