• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 500 Favorite Foods

Because You Demanded it! [Begin cheesy Monster Truck Jam Echo effect]

500 FAVORITE FOODS!

BDR EDITION!

I think it's safe to say we got us some folks love to eat 'round these parts. So just for fun, let's see if we're diverse of palate enough to compile a list of 500 of our favorites.

OK, Rules: 1 food per BDR per day, to see if we can reach 500. I would suggest you try to be as specific as you can, so we have a greater chance of reaching the goal (eg. "the X at Joe's" rather than "x", wherever possible).

I'll start:

1. Roquefort blue cheese. Sharpest, most assertively flavored blue of them all, and unquestionably my favorite (though I love almost all the blues I've tried). Much more peppery & salty than Gorgonzola, Stilton, or Maytag blue. Spread on some baguette. . . sublime.

Hear that? That's the sound of fat, hairy, socially challenged manchildren not telling us to start posting about movies in the food threads. Ahhhhh. . . .bliss!

Now bring it, the rest of you!
    I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Oh, and you can turn the cheesy echo effect off after the underlined portion ends. Y'know. . . if you want to.
    I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

2. Chili Cheese Burrito (chilito) - This fucking AWESOME concoction of culinary delights hails from TACO BELL™ but don't let that scare you. It is nothing more than a tortilla with chili and cheese but it's THE BEST FAST FOOD ON THE GODDAMN PLANET. It's not in every market (ahha fuck you CA) but it is indeed worthy of being added to the list.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

3. Poutine (poo-teen in English)

Quebec delicacy. French fries, top with fresh cheese curds, then topped with gravy. HEAVEN.

And no, you'll hardly find it outside the province. You may find it, but as a pale shadow of itself. And sorry Rob, this is the best fast food IN THE UNIVERSE.
        BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

4. Crab Rangoon

Crab meat mixed with garlic, green onion and cream cheese. Put it all in a won ton wrapper and deep fry. Serve with soy sauce or sweet and sour sauce. Apparently a mainly mid-west thing, this is pure heaven.
          Last edited by Ingrid; 08-30-2010, 08:42 PM.
          Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

5. Picana

You like steak? Then check this shit out at a good Brazilian Steak House. Because it is unbelievable and that's no hyperbole either.
            "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

6. BBQ Stuffed Baked Potato

You love baked potatoes? You love BBQ? Yeah, these 2 great tastes, taste great together. The BBQ can be beef, pork, turkey, etc. It all tastes great mashed with a baked potato.
              We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
              - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

7.The Broiled Crab Cake at John Steven's in Fells Point, Baltimore Maryland.

Most places that serve crab cakes in the state of Maryland claim to have the best. It's a pissing contest that started around the time someone thought to mix crab meat with a light breading and mayo (or any other binder) and broil or fry it. And sure, it's hard to make a bad crabcake, really, I enjoy them most places I try them. John Stevens, though, stands out for me as my favorite. First of all, it's big. Like, the size of a softball. Second, I'm pretty sure the chefs only select the largest pieces of Jumbo Lump crab meat, there's no filler meat in this cake. Lastly, they have a homemade tartar sauce to accompany it that has elements of lemon juice and dill that I can taste just thinking about it.

Now I want one.
                "DO. DO lots of cocaine. DO."
                - Relationship Guru Matt.

Check out my music, if you please:
                http://soundcloud.com/musicisgreen
                http://cmillermusic.tumblr.com/

Comment

8. Smoked Gouda from Wisconsin with crackers.... yum!
                  If I were Shé, do you think I'd be operating a taco truck? Shé brings hope. Shé rights the wrongs. Unfortunately, Shé is a myth.

Comment

9. Vlassic Dill Hamburger Chips.
                    Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                    Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                    POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

10. Ruffles' All Dressed Chips.

Ask anyone who tried them. They know.
                      BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

11. Steamed clams from the original Ivar's: Just a bucket of steamed clams in a vegetable/butter broth from the original Ivar's out in Washington. Nothing fancy needed. Just your appetite and a tiny fork.
                        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

12. Porkchop on a stick: the MN State Fair. You need to get the one from the booth by the Haunted House. The other ones are merely OK.

I don't know what they do or how they do it, but this is consistently, year after year, the single best thing that you can get at the Fair. Cooked perfectly, spiced perfectly...it's a mouthwatering piece of perfection that is one of the truly MUST EAT FOODS at the entire Fair. The line is usually long for this meal, but it's totally worth every second of delay.

also: HELL YES on Blue Cheese, Chili Cheese Burritos, and All Dressed Potato Chips.
                          Originally posted by Martin
                          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                          Originally posted by gravedigger
                          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                          Originally posted by Martin
                          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

13: In the vein of fried shit - CHICKEN FRIED STEAK.

I defy anyone to argue with a well-prepared chicken fried steak with pepper gravy and mashed potatoes.
                            "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
                            *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

Yea I was going to say chicken fried steak but Jake beat me. So..

14. Fried Catfish. Those scumsuckers are the second best thing in the planet to fry up. Serve with hush puppies and a but of fried gator and no less than 2 lbs of catfish pet person.

Comment

Working...
                              X