No announcement yet.

Arrested Development Season 4 - SPOILERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just finished episode 12 - Maeby was really great in that episode, her timing on throwaway lines is outstanding (the 'Marry me' to the barman; telling George Michael to call it 'The Fakeblock').

If it's still not quite up to par with the best episodes, all the Tobias and Gob stuff so far is still great. Also, the Bob Loblaw law bomb low blow - genius.

But what the fuck was up with all the greenscreen for Jessica Walter's character?
    I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

Finished it. Yeah, it's the weakest of the seasons, but that still puts it above nearly every other sitcom going at the moment.

I'm glad there was only one episode for Buster, but I actually thought it was pretty good. If they can work out getting everyone together next time, I don't see a problem with them doing more at this level.
      I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

I actually had very little issue with this season. I was laughing pretty consistently except for the Lindsey episode with Terry Crews. He was the worst part of the whole thing in my opinion. Just not funny. The whole "FakeBlock" reveal was genius.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Also, Maeby being the guru? Hilarious.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Spotted that in Lindsay's episode though - the way they shot it gave away that they were trying to conceal it, whereas if they'd done it straight, I probably wouldn't have noticed it was her.

I thought Crews was fine - no more, no less. Stiller was really good though.

Comment

for us we thought it was everyone else but Maeby.

Comment

I wonder how opinions compare between people who blasted through and those who took their time. I took my time and thought it was pretty good. I didn't care much for the George Sr. Stuff at the retreat but liked everything else. I did think it was an odd shift to make/show Michael as being as terrible/dumb as the rest of the family. But maybe that was there in the early seasons and I just didn't see it.

Comment

The only stuff I didn't like was Terry Crews. I never laughed when he was on screen. But the Michael stuff was always there under the surface, even in the original seasons in my opinion. The stuff in dorms was fucking hilarious.

Comment

Obvious politician is obvious. A lot of the stuff that happened BECAUSE of him was good but he was not.

The dorm vote, and the one that happened later, was great. "No, maybe I'm not explaining it right..."

Comment

Season five isn't working for me.
                      Originally posted by Ari
                      The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

I really dug it. It's obviously never going to hit season 2's highs but it was much better than season 4. Having the characters all interact (except for Portia for the most part) was sorely needed. Maebe's storyline was fucking great and I loved seeing Kyle Mooney show up.

Burned through these today. I want the next half dammit.

Comment

Watching the new episodes and I'm at the cookout at Ron Howard's house.

That many pasty white redhead women in one room is doing things for me.
                          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

Working...
                          X