Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Documentaries: The epic thread of interesting ones!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't wait for Jim and Andy.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Seconded.
      Originally posted by Ari
      The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• It's one of my favorite movies and Jim fucking OWNED in it.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Can't deal with current day Carrey so that's a hard pass for me. I know I'm in the minority.
          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
            It's one of my favorite movies and Jim fucking OWNED in it.
            Stunning that Carrey was robbed of an Oscar nomination. I like it too but.. it suffers heavily from "biopic syndrome," and it's apparent Milos Forman was the wrong director for this.
            Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
              Stunning that Carrey was robbed of an Oscar nomination. I like it too but.. it suffers heavily from "biopic syndrome," and it's apparent Milos Forman was the wrong director for this.
              Something was off about it. Carey was working very hard.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
              Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
              Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
              POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Too Funny to Fail - THe Life and Death of the Dana Carvey Show on Hulu.

I really enjoyed this. I never watched this when it was first on the air and after watwching the documentary I watched the episodes as well (since there are only 8). There is some really funny shit in this that was a bit ahead of its time. If this show was on HBO like Kids in the Hall was, there is no doubt they would have gotten a few seasons.

Legit laughed out loud in the very first skit with Clinton and his nipples. It's so fucking over the top and great.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                  Too Funny to Fail - THe Life and Death of the Dana Carvey Show on Hulu.

I really enjoyed this. I never watched this when it was first on the air and after watwching the documentary I watched the episodes as well (since there are only 8). There is some really funny shit in this that was a bit ahead of its time. If this show was on HBO like Kids in the Hall was, there is no doubt they would have gotten a few seasons.

Legit laughed out loud in the very first skit with Clinton and his nipples. It's so fucking over the top and great.
                  I never saw the show but did hear that it was ahead of its time as you said.

Comment

• it's also crazy how many awesome people worked on this show: Carrell, Colbert, Louis C.K., Robert Smiegel, Dino Stamatopulous, etcc

Comment

• Tons of talent. Mustve been frustrating as hell. Ive head Louie and Carvey talk about it on podcasts.

Comment

• One of the all-time great one-season wonders. I did watch it on first airing and a lot of it went over my head. But I still loved it.

Don Rickles in the lost Man Without an Ass footage from The Wizard of Oz. Germans Who Say Nice Things is still one for the ages. "MISTA HULLAND'S OPUS EZ DA FEEL GUD MOOOVIE OF DA YAAAAAH!" Oliver Stone's George Washington starring Antonio Banderas also comes to mind.
                        Last edited by FilmNerdJamie; 10-25-2017, 06:04 PM.
                        Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• The Ric Flair 30 by 30 ESPN doc was great. It even held Lesley's attention. You both love and hate Nature Boy by the end.

Comment

• Man I need to see that shit.

wooo
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Where did you view it?

Comment

• It was really interesting. Wrestling will never be as good as it was in 80s/90s.

Comment

Working...
                                X