Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avengers Assemble!

from gizmodo.com via

Marvel today updated its feature film slate strategy and plans for the next three years, locking in key release windows for its character franchises. In order to focus its attention on maximizing the success of an Iron Man sequel and the launch of Thor in the summer of 2010 and because Marvel believes that the summer is the optimal time to launch a new property, the Company will not release a self produced film in 2009. Marvel plans to launch its 2010 film slate with the release of the sequel, Iron Man 2, on April 30, 2010, followed by the launch of Thor on June 4, 2010. Additionally, Marvel is planting its feature film stakes for summer 2011 with an Avengers-themed summer - a two-picture project which will debut on May 6, 2011 with The First Avenger: Captain America (working title), followed by The Avengers in July 2011.
    2010?! 2011?! what the crap???? 2-3 years till we get more of the avengers?! bah, i say! bah! oh well, at least marvel is trying to keep the actors together for this unlike dc... those stupid fools.
    The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Re: avengers assemble!

Hey, DC! You dizzy bitches! The people that decided a Catwoman film and a Steel movie needed to be made before Flash, GL, or Wonder Woman. You jackfuck's see what Marvel is doing? You cornloafs paying any fuckin attention at all? You may want to pull your collective douche heads outta your asses and wisen up here.
    Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
    John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

What about the Justice League film.
      "Can't really bench press anything when you're sporting less than an inch, it's common with Asian males... FUCK!" ~ nerdious

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - Hunter S. Thompson

Recipient of "The Best Post of the Day Award" : 1

Comment

Fuck that piece of shit.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

;D
          "Can't really bench press anything when you're sporting less than an inch, it's common with Asian males... FUCK!" ~ nerdious

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - Hunter S. Thompson

Recipient of "The Best Post of the Day Award" : 1

Comment

Originally posted by nerdious dorkus

2010?! 2011?! what the crap???? 2-3 years till we get more of the avengers?! bah, i say! bah! oh well, at least marvel is trying to keep the actors together for this unlike dc... those stupid fools.
            Yes, because we want them to rush this out like WB was doing with Justice League. Let them take their time.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

2-3 more years is perfect. Plenty of time to do the films justice.

Comment

true but i just don't want to wait that long and find another spiderman 3. and plus i need more avengers. so that they can then do marvel zombies: the movie.

Comment

If you follow comic book film logic then this is what you get:

If the first film is good, then the sequel will be better (This is slightly debateable, and only applies to Marvel and DC).
                  Spider-Man=good. Spider-Man 2=better
                  X-Men=good. X-Men 2=better
                  Blade=good. Blade 2=better
                  Batman-good. Batman Returns=Better

See my point. So Iron Man 2, should, by all accounts, follow the trend and be even better. I can't say how The Avengers will turn out, cause at this point we haven't seen Thor or Capt America, and we still don't know if the Avengers film will be live action or mo-cap.

Comment

Originally posted by Ari
                    If you follow comic book film logic then this is what you get:

If the first film is good, then the sequel will be better (This is slightly debateable, and only applies to Marvel and DC).
                    Spider-Man=good. Spider-Man 2=better
                    X-Men=good. X-Men 2=better
                    Blade=good. Blade 2=better
                    Batman-good. Batman Returns=Better

See my point. So Iron Man 2, should, by all accounts, follow the trend and be even better. I can't say how The Avengers will turn out, cause at this point we haven't seen Thor or Capt America, and we still don't know if the Avengers film will be live action or mo-cap.
                    but what about batman 3?! and i'm sure the avengers film will be live action. marvel has stated that they would like to keep the same actors from the separate films for the ensamble. so why have live action for the single films and do motion capture for the ensamble? makes no sense...

Comment

Budget, my friend. When you have 2 chatacters that fly, one that uses repulser beems and one that shoots around lightning, not to mention other Avengers they may use, like Giant Man and Wasp, you have quite the effects budget. And actors salaries, along with whatever villian they go with (lord knows if Hulk is going to be in the film), all adds up to an ass load.

As for Batman Forever, that film also follows comic movie logic, as in if the first is good, and the second is better, then the third will take a massive dip in quality. See Blade Trinity, X-Men 3, Batman Forever, Spider-Man 3, and Superman 3 for proof.

Comment

Originally posted by Ari
                        Budget, my friend. When you have 2 chatacters that fly, one that uses repulser beems and one that shoots around lightning, not to mention other Avengers they may use, like Giant Man and Wasp, you have quite the effects budget. And actors salaries, along with whatever villian they go with (lord knows if Hulk is going to be in the film), all adds up to an ass load.
                        To be honest, I don't want a live action Avengers movie. Give me a bad ass "Beowolf" type mocap movie. Then the sky is the limit.

Comment

Good lord, for once I agree that maybe mocap may be better suited to a film than live action.

Comment

Seriously, that way you can still have RDJ and the rest of them but the action could be fucking crazy as hell, while not having the budget go extremely haywire.

Comment

Wait what?

We're not doing the blow-the-dust-off-of-the-old-Norse-book-in-your-library Thor," Feige told SFX."And in the Thor of the Marvel Universe, there's a race called the Asgardians. And we're linked through this Tree of Life that we're unaware of.
                              "It's real science, but we don't know about it yet. The Thor movie is about teaching people that."

Comment

Working...
                              X