No announcement yet.

Questions for the Brits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree about Pippa. And tiny little asses do nothing for me.

Music-wise, I can't really help you cos I don't listen to the radio. To be honest, British music is in a funk right now and very little excites me. The albums I've bought this year have all been North American (The Dears, Fleet Foxes, Bon Iver) except for Radiohead. I'm wracking my brains trying to think of any decent British stuff for the last couple of years and drawing a blank. But, like I said, I'm pretty much out of the loop - and I'm fine with that.
    I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
      I was just curious if it's because she's the sister to the future Queen of England (Does she become Queen if/when William becomes King? I are confused on my royal succession protocols).
      Well, sure, I'm certain it's because she's Kate's sister. She's in the spotlight because Kate's in the spotlight, and in her first real step out into public, she was shown wearing that bridesmaid gown that nearly upstaged her sister. And why was the gown fabulous? Because it highlighted that ass - it's all about the ass with Pippa. Yeah, yeah yeah, she's got that natural looking prettiness, whatever. There isn't a Facebook group dedicated to worshipping Pippa's pretty face or hair, y'know. I have to admit, even as a straight woman, I have to say, that's a pretty spectacular looking can.
      2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

Pippa's pooper is indeed a splendid specimen of pooperosity...

but I personally know of a better one.

Comment

See, I never got the obsession with her having this incredible ass...because it's just not. I mean was there something from the wedding were here ass had just an amazing angle or something? Pretty girl no doubt, and a fine bottom, but fall over your tongue ass? Not seeing it.

/andtheotherbrotherscantdeny

Comment

There's a rumor that she may have Spanx'd it up a bit for the wedding. One of the fashion blogs, just this past week, had a picture of her from behind in the bridesmaid gown and a picture of her from behind wearing jeans - and the bridesmaid keester looked distinctly better. But then again, the jeans weren't tight, so they weren't giving her a ton of support. And another thing that stylists always tell you is that garments can make you look droopier and dumpier than you actually are if they don't fit well. So who knows? Could be that the bridesmaid dress made her can look better or the jeans made it look worse. And we may never know, because she's certainly not going to admit if she wore Spanx for the wedding.
            2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

Comment

Spoiler: slightly nsfw 

Comment

Originally posted by PHEDG View Post
                  Spoiler: slightly nsfw 
                So, I still defend that can - that's a fabulous butt that I would kill for!

Comment

I discovered this thread late, then forgot about it. Here endeth the preamble.

Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
                  I have a couple:

1) Pippa Middleton: In a country that gives the world ladies like Lucy Pinder, Keeley Hazell, and oh, so many others, what's the obsession with Pippa? Don't get me wrong, she's pretty, but a bit average looking compared to the usual UK female celebs I see.

2) Music: What can us Yanks expect from you lot in terms of bands about to break big? Any trends going on that we should take note of? A return to British metal or alternative stuff? Brit-pop?
                  Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
                  Music-wise.... British music is in a funk right now and very little excites me. The albums I've bought this year have all been North American (The Dears, Fleet Foxes, Bon Iver) except for Radiohead. I'm wracking my brains trying to think of any decent British stuff for the last couple of years and drawing a blank. But, like I said, I'm pretty much out of the loop - and I'm fine with that.
                  Pippa's very pretty, but she doesn't drive me to Karen Gillan levels of distraction. I think part of what's made her such a phenomenon in her own right is the weird tendency in the British press to obsess over women who enter the public eye unexpectedly. This might seem like an odd contrast, but consider the case of Abi Titmuss. She went from being the partner of the controversial TV personality John Leslie to a glamour girl off the back of being his arm candy on the news. She never matched the level of Pippa fever - and isn't as attractive, to my mind - but it was a pretty strange transformation all the same. Rebecca Loos did much the same thing when offers from Lads' Mags and such came calling after her scandal with David Beckham came out almost ten years ago.

American cartoons and comedians might enjoy portraying the British as a quaint, charmingly-befuddled people, but perving on tabloid fodder is an evergreen national pass-time.

The music question is an interesting one. There's a lot of hip-hop/rap/dance stuff going on which I have almost no interest in by definition. I'm a pretty straight-forward rock/pop guy. The likes of The Cribs and Foals are the only active British bands I'm really passionate about. They're not brand new, but they're recent-ish in music terms and boast some impressive work already.

There's lots of good stuff out there, but it's very easy to hear a new track or two from someone and then forget all about them once the buzz cools a bit so a new Britpop renaissance isn't unfolding, at least not that I'm aware of; like Ben, I don't listen to the radio, but I try to stay abreast of what's going on in my preferred genre/s. If a big new album from P. J. Harvey or Elbow, etc comes along (or "drops") then I'm interested. Beyond that, I mostly look to the States for my tunes as well. And normally back a good few years at that.
                  "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

Just what in the hell is salad cream?
                    "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Something I bypass on the table in favour of ketchup, brown sauce, mayonnaise or salt and/or pepper, if it's on there. Diverse dressing. Never been a big fan, I must say.
                      "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

Also, HP Sauce but in some kind of "FRUITY" flavor.

Comment

Yeah, that's not half bad. Can't really go wrong with HP. Those boys and girls know what they're doing.

Comment

Salad cream is what you used to get when you couldn't afford Hellmann's. Its a sweeter, more vinegary version of the same thing.

You guys have Branston in the US? I know guys in Italy that would kill for it years ago, but it seems to be a pretty British condiment.
                            I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

Never heard of Branston, but TESCO has a US chain called Fresh & Easy. They even got cans of Spotted Dick.

Comment

Branston Pickle is delightful. They've been doing really nice baked beans as well these past few years.

Branston Pickle flavour Mini Cheddars are the tastiest - and probably dorkiest - cracker snack on the market. Recommended.

Comment

Working...
                                X