Friday the 13th series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday the 13th series

Now I'm torn on this question. I enjoy them all for different reasons. You gotta love the first one because of Kevin Bacon getting an arrow through his throat. The second one has hillbilly potato sack Jason. The third one is in 3-D...'Nuff said. Then comes the 4th one. Which is probably one of my favorites. Crispin Glover and The Felddog together at last. It was supposed to be the last flick, hence the sweet :machete to the head while sliding down. . It also had this scene: Crispin is a pretty sweet dancer

The less said about the next three the better.

Then JGTH. Another favorite of mine because it's just so fucking dumb. And this scene is just too awesome: Loved how they turned the slasher genre on it's head, if only for a few minutes.

Jason X was awesome due to the body count, the flash freeze kill, and the simulator scene.

Freddy Vs. Jason could have been so much more but was decent in it's own right. The last battle is fucking epic as hell and makes up for the rest of the movie.
    Friday the 13th
    0.00%
    Friday the 13th Part 2
    15.38%
    Friday the 13th: 3-d
    0.00%
    Friday the 13th IV: The Final Chapter
    53.85%
    Friday the 13th V: A New Beginning
    0.00%
    Friday the 13th VI: Jason Lives
    15.38%
    Friday the 13th VII: The New Blood
    0.00%
    Friday the 13th VIII: Jason takes Manhatten
    7.69%
    Jason goes to Hell: The Final Friday
    0.00%
    Jason X
    7.69%
    Freddy vs. Jason
    0.00%
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Re: Friday the 13th series

But the thing that really pisses me off is that after reading "Crystal Lake Memories" is how much was cut or changed thanks to the MPAA. There was a good chance that Jason Lives could have been fuckign sweet if they wouldn't have fucked with the director so much. I would fucking kill for a good (the one that's out now kinda sucks) box set with the uncut versions of each flick.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Ohhhhh, this is nice. The Friday series is my favorite horror film saga, and at first I thought choosing which is the best would be hard, but it's really not.
      Part 1 started it all, but no Jason.
      I love hillbilly Jason from part 2, but he doesn't quite cut it for me. He's much too clumsy.
      Part 3 would have been the winner, with him finally getting the mask and the fat tard Shelly, but the fact that weapons are poked at the screen cause it was in 3-D kills it.
      Part 4 is definitely the best, and Rob mentioned many of the reasons why above.
      Part 5 is my least favorite. Fakor Jason, and the stupid plot, was ass.
      I liked part 6, it's the start of zombie Jason, but honestly don't really remember all that much.
      Part 7, with telekenisis girl fighting Jason is awful.
      Part 8 needed more Manhattan, less boat.
      Part 9 started great, but Jason was barely in the movie, as his demon spirit kept jumping from person to person. The sister idea was horrible too. Gotta love the ending, though.
      I had a good time with Jason X, the freeze kill and the holo-camp were the highlights.
      And Freddy vs. Jason was decent. It needed less kids and more of the main two, but at least Jason won (IMO, anyways)
      Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
      John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

Although part 9 did give us the sweet scene of worm Jason climbing into his sister's vag. And the Necronomicon. And the sweet fake rock puppet hands (that apparently were going to be shot in stop motion but the budget ran out)

Comment

Worm Jason shlugging his way into his sisters twat, then popping out fully grown and clothed, was and always will be priceless.
          Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
          John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

goddamit. Noone cares about these movies but Ari and I?

SHUN!

Comment

Its been years since I have seen them.
              Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
              Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
              POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

You need to remedy that shit quick like. Go netflix the 4th one, drink beer, and enjoy!

Comment

I used to go on weekend quests to see all the movies of different franchises, Bond, etc. Friday the 13th was one of these. I shall netflix #4.
                  Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                  Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                  POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

Still can't believe Ari and I are the only ones that enjoy these flicks. Cmon people! Intellectual flicks are fun and all, but you get to see a zombie retard zip a girl up in a sleeping bag and proceed to thwack her against a tree! I bet that didn't happen in Primer....

Comment

Slow yer role! It was hard making any concrete decision regarding this series. They were the most-watched franchise for me as a kid, on a weekend at my dad's house, with nothing to do.

I remember every Friday the 13th, waiting in anticipation for one of the pay channels to screen all of them. They used to do that all the time, and it was a blast.

To me, you can't go wrong with the original. And it actually gets better once you know that Tom Savini's assistant played Mrs. Voorhees for her decapitation scene.

The second one was fun, especially for being pioneers in making the handicapped a target for death. Also for inbred, reverse-potato-sack-racing Jason.

I always thought the third one was sort of dull, but having the merits of giving Jason his iconic hockey-mask visage.

The fourth did have the best effects at the time I saw it, and the most notable appearances from "before they went off the deep end" actors.

The fifth was awesome because of the fact that a special needs fatty got iced with chocolate on his face. And it wasn't even the demon-goalie who got him.

Six was okay, though it does get kudos for reanimating Jason in the most ridiculously over the top way.

Seven I remember most fondly, as I was a big fan of Splatterhouse. They totally lifted the poltergeist battle from that game, which was awesome. Jason vs. the flying office furniture!

Manhattan was missing something. It's name? Manhattan.

Final Friday was cool, just because Steven "I'm not Louis Gossett, Jr." Williams was in it. That dude is awesome. AND he played a demon-hunting bounty hunter. Also, snatch-invaders!

X was so much fun. It was the first Friday movie I saw in the theaters, actually. I saw it at midnight, with the blackest audience I could find. To say it was transcendent is undercutting the experience.

FVJ was also awesome, mainly because Freddy needed a hit, and Jason turned into the Super Shredder at the end of his last film. It was their version of the Harrelson/Banderas story in Play it to the Bone. That final fight could have gone on for another hour or eight and I would still eat it up.

All in all, the whole series is pretty good. But I have a soft spot for the original.

Me quick one want slow

Comment

Good points there man. Six was the one with the lightning ressurecting him correct and the kid from Return of the Living Dead? (it's hard to remember every detail as they tend to blend in after part 4)

Comment

Yeah 6 was the Evil Ash resurrection. It was all downhill from there...
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

And seven was the one where he battles the dead dad of the psychic chick correct? If so, that one had the best story before the producers and shit meddled with it. You need to read Crystal Lake Memories if you haven't already. IT's fucking fantastic.

Comment

Yeah, dear ol' dad drags J-Bone under. Thanks psychic lady!

It just occurred to me that I am a bigger fan of this franchise than I originally thought. Everyone has their go-to horror icon. Some are Pinheads, some are Freddies, others are Myers fans. I guess I'm just a Voorhees guy.

I'll have to pick up Crystal Lake Memories soon.

Did you know that Steve Buscemi was born on Friday the 13th, and Tupac died on Friday the 13th? I have a love/hate relationship with the day, it seems.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                              X