No announcement yet.

What'cha watchin' ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Muppets show last night was much better than I thought it was going to be.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• "When you put big lovable bear on your profile you get a lot of wrong matches."

Fozzy and the guy who played Duffy on Justified were fucking great last night.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• How was Scream Queens?

I just read a review that said it was like Argento directing a girls-school movie and holy fucking shit how about Suspiria literally Argento directing a girls-dance school movie.

Comment

• We recorded it but it's gonna take a bunch of beer to get me to watch that. I HATE Emma Roberts.

Comment

• I actually really like Emma Roberts but fucking cannot stand Ryan Murphy.

Comment

• she ruined Scream 4 and has been terrible in all of the American Horror Story seasons IMO.

Comment

• To be fair everything I've seen about AHS has been terrible.

Comment

• First season was Beetlejuice and lame. Second season was GREAT but uneven. Third season was X-MEN and the last one was okay but really petered out by the end.

Comment

• It's disposable trash but with a really great cast most of the time. Kathey Bates was AMAZING in the Coven season.

Comment

• "Scream Queens" - Let's do AHS but with an inflated budget, forced cast members and no sense of where to take it.

Curtis looks confused, Roberts has too much work to do and the stunt supporting cast exists to die in an episode.

While I wasn't crazy over "The Muppets", this series was a major let down. I should've known when I got slapped with a "day-of" embargo after watching it day after Labor Day.
                      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• The Muppets gets a pass for 2 more episodes based solely on the stuff with Fozzie and his girlfriend's dad.

Sounds about right for Queens. The trailers made this look like an amped up Disney show.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                          The Muppets gets a pass for 2 more episodes based solely on the stuff with Fozzie and his girlfriend's dad.

Sounds about right for Queens. The trailers made this look like an amped up Disney show.

Shit like that is why I'm treating covering TV like Video Games now. I'm not doing it anymore until they get their shit together. IFC is pretty normal for coverage, but everyone else is psycho now.

"The Muppets" squanders so much in effort to make something they think works. The human/felt relationship doesn't matter, as it's been tackled before. But, when they blow media issues that were handled way better in the 70s, it's backsliding.

Plus, the documentary angle is tired. All this show offers is a lazy "The Office" style send-up of shit that didn't work on "Muppets Tonight".
                          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• I just want The Jim Henson Hour back.

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
                              I just want The Jim Henson Hour back.

The most inventive show he staged and the one where he had the most control.

End result: Barely got 10 episodes to air. The rest were shown out of order or at a later date.

Comment

• Yep. It was so good!

I've been trying to read the Henson biography for months. It is...very thorough, to a fault. Like, I don't really care about his great grandparents and how they met. It was like 150-200 pages before it gets to Sesame Street!

Comment

Working...
                                X