Toy Story 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by I_Cassini View Post
    I look at my 6 year old and he says "mom how much longer till this movie is over -its bad" And my 9 year old was a bit disappointed in Percy Jackson because we had just read the books and the movie wasnt as good to him.
    When I was 18, I worked the concession stand at our local four-plex theater, and we were showing "Q: The Winged Serpent". I never wound up seeing it, but apparently it was so bad, we had little boys wandering out of the theater to ask us if the could go in and watch the rest of "E.T.", even though you know they saw that a million times. We'd let them, because if a scary movie's so bad that it bores a bunch of 10 year old boys to tears, who am I to argue?
    2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

Originally posted by BillyG View Post
      What in the fuck Where The Wild Things Are is fucking amazing.
      But Battle Royale is better...

Thank you, Netfrix!

Comment

Originally posted by V View Post
        But Battle Royale is better...

Thank you, Netfrix!
        Man's got a point, and I'm gonna try and watch BR this weekend.

Ed - Re: Movie prices, Beg to differ, my delicate little flower! Jackson Cinema (RIP) used to run summer specials when I was a kid. 25 cent movies, the Summer Movie Club (watch 10 movies, the 11 th is free!), free admission to kids under 10, etc. Good times! Thanks to that I was able to catch damn near every Harryhausen, Godzilla, Disney, Planet of the Apes, foreign made fairy tale film, etc. until my eyeballs imploded! Great way to kill an afternoon!

Comment

There was one summer in I think 1992 that had a children's film club. It was out in this theater way out in Northridge. I remember seeing The Mupptes Take Manhattan and I remeber Star Trek VI being one of the other films.
          "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Ed was a kid in '92, I was 25. When I was a kid, Ed wasn't even a concept.

Y'know, it's amazing, but the age spots on the backs of my hands just seem to be multiplying lately. Who's for shuffleboard?

Comment

It doesn't help that my mother was pregnant with my sister and brother at the time. She was HUGE!
              "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
                Ed was a kid in '92, I was 25. When I was a kid, Ed wasn't even a concept.

Y'know, it's amazing, but the age spots on the backs of my hands just seem to be multiplying lately. Who's for shuffleboard?
                I'll bring my Habands.
                Originally posted by Martin
                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                Originally posted by gravedigger
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Matt, did you go last night?

I probably won't be able to see this for a couple of weeks. I really don't want to go opening weekend, because it'll be a zoo, and then next weekend we're going away. So hopefully weekend after that!
                  2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

Comment

Sorry, was gone all day with the frackin' in-laws.

TS3 was excellent. It's pretty much on a par with the other two...if you liked them, you'll like this one.

It's not as deep as the other two...Buzz had his arc in the first film, Woody had his in the second one. This one is all ACTION ACTION ACTION without any real arc to anyone but it's still quite a bit of fun. Ken steals the movie, and Lotso is the most interesting character.

The ending was a big emotional gutpunch but it felt right. You'll enjoy it.
                    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                    Originally posted by gravedigger
                    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Awesome!

And I heard about the end already - spoilers generally don't bother me - so I already know I'll be in tears.

Comment

• Yup absolutely loved it. The last 5 minutes had me teary eyed and a hard reminder that my childhood is gone and never to be captured again.

Comment

Working...
                        X