Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Such a great doc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRwcnYn5uhI

Comment

• Watched the new Aziz Ansari stand up. Definitely worth the $5.

Comment

• THE HUNGER GAMES

Very good. Very, very good.

the pros:
        - Jennifer Lawrence will have another Oscar nomination. She's THAT good in this.
        - Woody Harrelson steals every single scene that he's in. Brilliant casting.
        - Stanley Tucci gives one of the most GO FOR BROKE performances ever. Amazing.
        - Excellent world-building. It felt very immersive.
        - A solid script that expands upon the first-person narrative of the novel and gives the supporting characters additional scenes to flesh things out.

the cons:
        - My one major complaint is that a lot of the emotional connections that are established in the book need more punch. Rue, in particular, is a MAJOR emotional connection for Katniss. The movie needed more scenes between her and Katniss to establish their bond and why they decide to ally together.
        - Some of the other tributes (Cato and Clove, in particular) need more acting lessons. They're fine, but they're so outmatched by the leads that it's noticeable.

My wife made a very good point on the way out: Had she seen the film without having read the book, she would have enjoyed and gotten the film but not have connected with it as much due to the things that weren't given the proper punch (like Rue). I agree with her 100%.
        Originally posted by Martin
        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
        Originally posted by gravedigger
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
        Originally posted by Martin
        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Last nite: The Raid. The Raid, The Raid, The Raid, The Motherfucking Raid.

Incredible, even with an anemic story.

ETA: Glad to hear HG was good, Matt. Gonna check that ish out next weekend.
          "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
          *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• Originally posted by Shit Dickface View Post
            Last nite: The Raid. The Raid, The Raid, The Raid, The Motherfucking Raid.

Incredible, even with an anemic story.

ETA: Glad to hear HG was good, Matt. Gonna check that ish out next weekend.

I feel bad, as I'm the only one who hasn't really freaked the fuck out over The Raid.

segue to:

Honestly, I'm still in shock that I really liked Cabin in the Woods.
            My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
              I feel bad, as I'm the only one who hasn't really freaked the fuck out over The Raid.

segue to:

Honestly, I'm still in shock that I really liked Cabin in the Woods.
              I'm intrigued by it, in a way I haven't been with any horror type flicks in quite a while. I was worried it was just slick marketing so I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it.
              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Trek-Fest '12 continues with:

Generations

Selected Pros:
                • Incredible, under-rated score from Dennis McCarthy.
                • Picard's arc is Hulk-strong. Stewart is once again on top form, lending his softer and more action-man moments equal gravitas.
                • The torch-passing aspect works better than it has any right to considering Picard/T.N.G. meeting Kirk/T.O.S. was basically on a big list of features that had to be included.
                • It would take a cold, cold-hearted soul not to feel something when Kirk gives Cameron Frye back his chair, before rushing off to save the day once again.
                • The Blu-ray does wonders for the miniature work, and all the SFX to be honest. Just beautiful. The Nexus stuff wouldn't look out of place in a brand-new blockbuster.
                • For all the nitpicking that goes on about T.N.G. and its movies in particular, this feels like Star Trek in a way J.J.'s outing - much as I enjoy it - simply doesn't. I watched it again the other day as well, and it struck me more than ever how little Trek '09 captures the true essence of the series. I appreciate that it brought something tonally different, but it still lacked the emotional complexity of this and other Berman-era Trek.

Selected Cons:
                • I had some misgivings about the handling of the Nexus and McDowell. It suffered a little from the sort of "well, why wouldn't he/she/they just do this..." kind of thing that can hamper time travel stories in particular, but not enough to detract too much from the overall experience.
                • The comedy, whilst successful for the most part, does get in the way a tad at times. Less would certainly have been more.
                "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Eastern Promises

Still awesome. Viggo is amazing. I want his babies. So many babies. Brittany said she was "grossed out" that he had to fight with his balls out and all the blood. I told her stop being polite, even my cock gets a little twitch seeing Viggo naked, she must be wet as the Rio Grande. Next week we are going to watch History of Violence.

Comment

• That'll be interesting.
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• checked out the new Muppet movie. It was ok. Could have used more muppets. It wasn't zany enough for me. I still like the original more. The people on FB that said they cried during the movie need to be dickpunched.
                      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I really liked the Muppet movie, but yes it needed more emphasis on the classic Muppets (where was Gonzo?) and better celeb cameos (who the fuck is Selena Gomes?).
                        I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Not enough Beaker was a crime.
                          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
                            I really liked the Muppet movie, but yes it needed more emphasis on the classic Muppets (where was Gonzo?) and better celeb cameos (who the fuck is Selena Gomes?).

Selena Gomez is Justin Bieber's beard. She's also a Disney hired hand. A lot of the people involved in cameos are Disney contracted or friends of Jason Segel.

That's going to change since Segel is abandoning ship for the sequel. I'm just hoping that Frank Oz doesn't chase off The Flight of the Conchords.
                            My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Figured Segel left due to money disputes.
                              Originally posted by Ari
                              The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Well, he himself said that he didn't want to do the sequel cos he'd achieved what he set out to do - bring back The Muppets. But he may be treading the party line on that one.
                                I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

Working...
                                X