How to Deal with Old Toys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Deal with Old Toys

With holidays coming, there is a large requirement of toys for kids. It’s great for the kids. However, when looking at their rooms which are stuffed with plush toys, you must be annoyed. Thus it requires you to do something to reduce the mess, keep things tidy, and, best of all, keep the kids happy about it. The following are several ideas for what you can do with older, outgrown or otherwise unused toys.

Donate
    It’s always nice to donate a toy to someone who could use it.

Repurpose Old Toys
    Repurposing is where it gets fun. You and your child can let your creativity run wild and think of fun and useful ways to repurpose old toys. It can soften the blow that comes with giving something away. Often children can have an emotional bond to a toy they haven’t touched in years. When I mixed the 20pcs plants group plush toys I newly bought for my son, he reorganized them with his imagination and direct an excellent play for them. Tricks like these allow them to keep that toy around (or a part of it at least).
    Honor the Memory
    We often fail to part with things not because of the item itself, but with the memory or emotion it represents. This is especially true as kids grow up. One way to honor the memory without incurring clutter is with a shadow box. Add an item or two and discard the rest. The memory is intact, and the clutter isn’t.
    Sell
    You won’t be able to sell all of your old toys, of course. But some vintage toys and collectibles can attract buyers. Before you list your little treasures online, you’ll need to take some photos. A good photo can make or break a sale. Here’s a fantastic tutorial on how to photograph your items for the likes of ebay.
    There’s a lot that can be done with old toys. If you can, have your kids take part in the process you choose. They’ll feel a part of the decision and enjoy seeing the toy’s new role.

"Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Comment

ahha, at least he posted in the correct subforum. And his link doesn't work so it's all good haha.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

With holidays coming-yup, St. Patrick's Day is right around the corner, there is a large requirement of toys for kids-I think you mean "Guinness for adults" . It’s great for the kids-ok. However, when looking at their rooms which are stuffed with plush toys-"stuffed with plush toys" I see what you did there, you sly spambot you, you must be annoyed. Thus it requires you to do something to reduce the mess, keep things tidy, and, best of all, keep the kids happy about it. The following are several ideas for what you can do with older, outgrown or otherwise unused toys-I'm guessing "planting them firmly up your ass" isn't listed below?.

Donate
          It’s always nice to donate a toy to someone who could use it. -Especially the homeless. Cause nothing cures starvation better than 23 boxes of Beanie Babies!

Repurpose Old Toys
          Repurposing is where it gets fun -no, there is no fun here. Move along. You and your child can let your creativity run wild and think of fun and useful ways to repurpose old toys-or, you can do ANYTHING ELSE. It can soften the blow that comes with giving something away-nothing can soften the blow of my parents giving away any of my toys, so please fuck off. Often children can have an emotional bond to a toy they haven’t touched in years. When I mixed the 20pcs plants group plush toys -what the fuck did you just write? I newly bought for my son, he reorganized them with his imagination and direct an excellent play for them-he did what? WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!?! YOUR SON IS AN ASSHOLE. Tricks like these allow them to keep that toy around (or a part of it at least).-your cleverness is unparalleled in the world of spambots

Honor the Memory -bury all the toys and put up headstones and laugh when your kid cries
          We often fail to part with things not because of the item itself, but with the memory or emotion it represents. This is especially true as kids grow up. One way to honor the memory without incurring clutter is with a shadow box-I'm sure all the dead toys will be so very honored by this box of shadows nonsense. Add an item or two and discard the rest. The memory is intact, and the clutter isn’t. -I once saw a dolphin having sex with a sea cucumber

Sell
          You won’t be able to sell all of your old toys, of course-of course, because the thought of selling stuff is just ridiculous in this day and age. But some vintage toys and collectibles can attract buyers. Before you list your little treasures online -my balls?, you’ll need to take some photos. A good photo can make or break a sale. Here’s a fantastic tutorial on how to photograph your items for the likes of ebay. -you forgot the "fantastic tutorial" you goddamned ass

There’s a lot that can be done with old toys. If you can, have your kids take part in the process you choose. They’ll feel a part of the decision and enjoy seeing the toy’s new role. This article has been a public service announcement by Moms Against G-Spots
          Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
          John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

*golf clap*
            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Yeah, nobody, and I mean NOBODY, fucks around with toys/action figures/Natalie Portman on Ari's watch, son!

Comment

And here I thought this was gonna be some helpful advice on what to do with all my old Transformers. No, they're not in the boxes.
                Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
                  Yeah, nobody, and I mean NOBODY, fucks around with toys/action figures/Natalie Portman on Ari's watch, son!
                  Dolls Tim, they're dolls.

Comment

Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
                    Dolls Tim, they're dolls.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X