Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People  

Go Back   Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People > General Category > Television

Television Television is the food of the gods.

Old 09-27-2011, 06:46 PM
My wife's son

Captain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The Fahey
Default What'cha watchin' ?

Sure, the Officer Rando thread might be fine for your discussions regarding horseshit like Two and a Half is Enough it is Time to Kill Jon Cryer, but I can hardly believe we don't have a small-screen version of the "What Movie Did You Just Watch" thread.

Well those times are over.

To kick it off, here's something I've been viewing and can't stop (won't stop 'cuz its badboyz 4 life): QI, or Quite Interesting.

It's in its ninth series now, but I'm only now at series 6.

It's a quiz show hosted by Stephen Fry, that has a three-person panel (with Alan Davies, a fellow Arsenal fan and sometime comedian, being the fourth and final panelist), and it has gone through an alphabetized list of topics for a few years now (I believe they have made it to the 'I' category now), which are either cause for panelists to flex their comedy muscles in answering the posited questions or to chime in with incredibly accurate and thorough answers that shock and surprise. Usually it is the former that occurs, but it is nonetheless entertaining and insightful.
Old 09-27-2011, 06:54 PM
I Am Always the Octopus.

Anderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandas

The laments of vanquished whores.

Click here to visit AndersonVision!
Old 09-27-2011, 06:56 PM
My wife's son

Captain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The Fahey

Celebrity Rehab?
Old 09-27-2011, 06:56 PM
I Am Always the Octopus.

Anderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandas

My mistake...that's what I was listening to.

I'm watching 30 Rock.

Click here to visit AndersonVision!
Old 09-27-2011, 06:58 PM
My wife's son

Close enough.
Old 09-27-2011, 07:09 PM
is a Ginormous Thing.

Timothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandas

I just got done watching back-to-back episodes of How It's Made. Gonna go watch Pauley Perette in a prom dress on NCIS.

Ta!
Old 09-27-2011, 07:10 PM
Fleshlight King

BillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandas

Might finally start Carnivale this week!
Old 09-27-2011, 07:18 PM
My wife's son

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyG View Post
Might finally start Carnivale this week!
Feel free to post in the thread about it.

It seems the rewatch of it has been arduous for more than one of us, so godspeed Billy.
Old 09-28-2011, 09:44 AM
is ready for turkey

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

Workaholics. Fucking love this show.
Old 09-28-2011, 10:13 AM
Fleshlight King

BillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandas

What I hear reading the thread title...

Old 09-28-2011, 10:17 AM
is ready for turkey

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

HATE THAT GUY.
Old 09-28-2011, 11:01 AM
Alles Klar Herr Kommissar

Matt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandas

'The Good Wife.' Off to a good start. Don't really like the new day and time though.
Just discovered that 'Breaking Bad' is on streaming...hoping to start that soon.
other than that...nada. the wife is watching various sitcoms and hugh shit. Oh and 'Project Runway', which is totally weaksauce this season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post
Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin View Post
And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?
Old 09-28-2011, 03:28 PM
My wife's son

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyG View Post
What I hear reading the thread title...

AWWWWYEAAAAAHHHHH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Just discovered that 'Breaking Bad' is on streaming...hoping to start that soon.
Fucking ditto, sir. I was wondering why Nate was kickflippin' his shit elsewhere about Walt.
Old 09-28-2011, 03:47 PM
Ms. January, Ava Gardner!

Lisa is so fucking epic it hurtsLisa is so fucking epic it hurtsLisa is so fucking epic it hurtsLisa is so fucking epic it hurtsLisa is so fucking epic it hurtsLisa is so fucking epic it hurtsLisa is so fucking epic it hurtsLisa is so fucking epic it hurtsLisa is so fucking epic it hurtsLisa is so fucking epic it hurtsLisa is so fucking epic it hurts

I'm free as a bird from nearly all of those horrible "Real Housewives" shows. I missed RHONJ for the past two weeks, and haven't bothered catching up. I've also missed the last two weeks of RHOBH since "Dancing With The Stars" (which is a must!) began, because it overlaps it, and I haven't missed those trashy hookers either. Never watched OC, DC, Miami or Atlanta, and don't plan to. AND, half the cast of RHONY have been fired and replaced with new ones - I might, MIGHT watch that when it starts, but if it's at the same time as something else I love, then I won't bother. So, that takes care of what I'm NOT watching anymore. And I feel cleaner.

Still can't wait for "Once Upon A Time" and "Grimm" to start.

Caught the premiere of "Pan Am", and it was pretty good. I don't know if I'll grow to love it, but I liked it so far.

Old favorites - tonight is "America's Next Top Model" all-stars season (third episode in), which I'm loving. After that is "Top Chef Just Desserts", which is most of the way through its second season. It's okay - nothing to get worked up over, but I'm still watching it.

Tomorrow is "Project Runway", which - just really makes me sad. The way this show has gone down the fucking toilet since it moved from Bravo to Lifetime - Bunim Murray has fucking ruined my show. A certain amount of drama is to be expected, but now the show focuses mostly on drama, and very little on the fashions. In fact, there's not a whole lot of talent in this bunch. Plus, I'm sorry, the judges are smoking crack - they'll go on and on and on about how glorious a garment is (and it would be true), and then give the win to someone who just made something that's passable. I mean - what the hell? They've done it several times this season, and I just don't fucking get it. But I'll watch - since "Lost" is gone, this takes over as my favorite show, so I'll always watch, but man - I'm just glad to have seasons one and two on DVD.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!
Old 09-28-2011, 03:49 PM
My wife's son

Which one has Amber Heard in it, Pan Am or The Playboy Club?

I don't know what the hell is going on, and I'm too lazy to look it up.
Old 09-28-2011, 03:51 PM
Alles Klar Herr Kommissar

Matt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandas

This is easily the worst season of Project Runway, both interns of talent and in terms of hosting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post
Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin View Post
And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?
Old 09-28-2011, 04:14 PM
Ms. January, Ava Gardner!

Lisa is so fucking epic it hurtsLisa is so fucking epic it hurtsLisa is so fucking epic it hurtsLisa is so fucking epic it hurtsLisa is so fucking epic it hurtsLisa is so fucking epic it hurtsLisa is so fucking epic it hurtsLisa is so fucking epic it hurtsLisa is so fucking epic it hurtsLisa is so fucking epic it hurtsLisa is so fucking epic it hurts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balls Mahoney View Post
Which one has Amber Heard in it, Pan Am or The Playboy Club?

I don't know what the hell is going on, and I'm too lazy to look it up.
Amber Heard is in The Playboy Club (which I planned to watch, but didn't hear such great things about it). Christina Ricci is in Pan Am.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!
Old 09-28-2011, 04:38 PM
My wife's son

All of these blatant Mad Men format clones depicting the "golden era of white people being unapologetically white" sound pretty lame, but the painfully attractive Amber Heard convinced me to watch a horrible movie called Remember the Daze because she was in it in short shorts and I can't remember what I was saying.
Old 09-28-2011, 06:15 PM
is ready for turkey

Pan Am was more entertaining than The Playboy Club but they were both pretty forgettable IMO.
Old 09-28-2011, 06:38 PM
My wife's son

I am not surprised by this.