Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People  

Go Back   Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People > General Category > Comics and Literature

Comics and Literature We're not the hugest comic nerds out there, but we have been known to read an issue of "Spider-Ham" from time to time.

Old 06-09-2011, 01:53 PM
I Am Always the Octopus.

Anderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandas
Default OH MARVEL!

Marvel is cancelling Uncanny X-Men and relaunching with a new #1.

Why? Well, Cyclops and Wolverine finally fight over clashing ideology and people get sad.

Still not DC relaunch stupid, but the ball is rolling.

Click here to visit AndersonVision!
Old 06-09-2011, 02:12 PM
feels good man

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

OOOH ARE WE GOING TO HAVE MULTIPLE COVERS TO COLLECT?!
Old 06-09-2011, 02:16 PM
I Am Always the Octopus.

Anderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandas

If it's Wednesday, it must be the dying gasps of an American medium.

Old 06-09-2011, 03:06 PM
I'll See You in 25 Years

BMichaelKrol is so fucking epic it hurtsBMichaelKrol is so fucking epic it hurtsBMichaelKrol is so fucking epic it hurtsBMichaelKrol is so fucking epic it hurtsBMichaelKrol is so fucking epic it hurtsBMichaelKrol is so fucking epic it hurtsBMichaelKrol is so fucking epic it hurtsBMichaelKrol is so fucking epic it hurtsBMichaelKrol is so fucking epic it hurtsBMichaelKrol is so fucking epic it hurtsBMichaelKrol is so fucking epic it hurts

Is this change going to take, or is this another Age of Apocalypse type stunt? And speaking of AoA, talk about something that hasn't aged well...

Twitter.com/bmkrol
Old 06-09-2011, 03:16 PM
A Galaxy Fart Fart Away

Captain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The Fahey

The idea for AoA is solid as a "What if" premise, but those fucking costumes.

BANDANAS, LONG HAIR AND TRIBALS FOR EVERYONE 2EXTREMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEME

(Magneto splitting Pocky in twain was still awesome)
Old 06-09-2011, 04:06 PM
I'll See You in 25 Years

BMichaelKrol is so fucking epic it hurtsBMichaelKrol is so fucking epic it hurtsBMichaelKrol is so fucking epic it hurtsBMichaelKrol is so fucking epic it hurtsBMichaelKrol is so fucking epic it hurtsBMichaelKrol is so fucking epic it hurtsBMichaelKrol is so fucking epic it hurtsBMichaelKrol is so fucking epic it hurtsBMichaelKrol is so fucking epic it hurtsBMichaelKrol is so fucking epic it hurtsBMichaelKrol is so fucking epic it hurts

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMeatbag View Post
The idea for AoA is solid as a "What if" premise, but those fucking costumes.

BANDANAS, LONG HAIR AND TRIBALS FOR EVERYONE 2EXTREMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEME

(Magneto splitting Pocky in twain was still awesome)
It had some good moments, and was a sort of solid idea, but you're right when you say the aesthetic is sort of dated.

Twitter.com/bmkrol
Old 06-09-2011, 08:15 PM
I Am Always the Octopus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMichaelKrol View Post
Is this change going to take, or is this another Age of Apocalypse type stunt? And speaking of AoA, talk about something that hasn't aged well...

They're trying to pull a Bendis and spin a brand-new take out of it. Where Wolverine, Blade, Devil Dinosaur, Deadpool, Franklin Richards, Machine Man and Jarvis can be on a team.

Old 06-09-2011, 08:18 PM
I'll See You in 25 Years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Ruckus View Post
They're trying to pull a Bendis and spin a brand-new take out of it. Where Wolverine, Blade, Devil Dinosaur, Deadpool, Franklin Richards, Machine Man and Jarvis can be on a team.
If that was the actual team I'd buy that shit in a second!

"Someone get this flamin dinosaur out of my way.". The shit just writes itself...

Twitter.com/bmkrol
Old 06-09-2011, 09:53 PM
A Galaxy Fart Fart Away

Captain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The Fahey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Ruckus View Post
Devil Dinosaur, Machine Man and Jarvis can be on a team.
Take all of my money.
Old 06-10-2011, 07:40 AM
is a Ginormous Thing.

Timothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandas

That team would actually make me give a shit about X-Men again. Hell, Marvel could stop publishing all their other titles and release 52 titles featuring Wolverine, Blade, Devil Dinosaur, Deadpool, Franklin Richards, Machine Man and Jarvis in all sorts of hijinks, and I'd buy 'em in a shot.
Old 06-10-2011, 07:44 AM
I Am Always the Octopus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy225 View Post
That team would actually make me give a shit about X-Men again. Hell, Marvel could stop publishing all their other titles and release 52 titles featuring Wolverine, Blade, Devil Dinosaur, Deadpool, Franklin Richards, Machine Man and Jarvis in all sorts of hijinks, and I'd buy 'em in a shot.

No such luck. I hold Marvel to a higher standard though, as they are able to learn from their mistakes and pull something out of nothing. An ability that DC lost in the Reagan Years and never got back.

That being said...the X-Books are selling about as low as they did in the 70s currently.

Old 06-10-2011, 07:53 AM
is a Ginormous Thing.

Timothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandas

Doesn't surprise me - X-Men were riding high for so long, a drop in interest was inevitable, Wolverine or no Wolverine. Plus, so many X-titles with so many concurrent storylines and characters really makes those titles difficult for new readers to get into (how many are there now anyway?).
Old 06-10-2011, 01:24 PM
I'll See You in 25 Years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy225 View Post
Doesn't surprise me - X-Men were riding high for so long, a drop in interest was inevitable, Wolverine or no Wolverine. Plus, so many X-titles with so many concurrent storylines and characters really makes those titles difficult for new readers to get into (how many are there now anyway?).
A few years ago I tried to get back into the books. I bought one issue and decided it wasn't worth the effort. Not at the 4 bucks they were charging for 20 pages of content. Trades are much better.

Generally I don't follow titles anymore; I follow creators. I'm interested in Grant Morrison and maybe Warren Ellis and that's about it right now. Comics just aren't fit to wrap fish in anymore.

Come to think of it, I miss the random weirdness from the 80s, when Marvel used to put out a bunch of different books and different kinds of books. But that was before the industry took a dive and everything got grim'n'gritty. There's just no room for a character like Brother Voodoo anymore.

Twitter.com/bmkrol
Old 06-10-2011, 01:52 PM
is a Ginormous Thing.

Same here re: trades. Easier and cheaper to wait a couple of months and snag the trade so I can polish it off in a sitting or two.

I tried getting into some of the recent Spider-Man books, but was kind of "meh" about 'em. Yes, they do recapture some of the pre-marriage feel, but a lot of it just feels like a retread of stuff I read before. Kind of cool to see him as a member of the FF now, though.
Old 06-10-2011, 02:52 PM
I Am Always the Octopus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMichaelKrol View Post
A few years ago I tried to get back into the books. I bought one issue and decided it wasn't worth the effort. Not at the 4 bucks they were charging for 20 pages of content. Trades are much better.

Generally I don't follow titles anymore; I follow creators. I'm interested in Grant Morrison and maybe Warren Ellis and that's about it right now. Comics just aren't fit to wrap fish in anymore.

Come to think of it, I miss the random weirdness from the 80s, when Marvel used to put out a bunch of different books and different kinds of books. But that was before the industry took a dive and everything got grim'n'gritty. There's just no room for a character like Brother Voodoo anymore.

Brother Voodoo took over for Dr. Strange for about a year. It didn't work out. Just ended his reign about six months ago.

Old 06-10-2011, 03:53 PM
Alles Klar Herr Kommissar

Matt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandas

My main issue with the superhero comic books? It was 20 pages of content where 15 of the pages were huge splash pages. I remember when it took 15-20 minutes to read a comic book because there was THAT MUCH STORY to get through...by the mid 90s, you could read a comic in about 5 minutes. It was ridiculous. I blame Liefeld for a LOT of that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post
Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin View Post
And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?
Old 06-10-2011, 03:54 PM
A Galaxy Fart Fart Away

I enjoyed the Messiah Complex.

But then I'm a disgusting Cable fanboy.
Old 06-10-2011, 03:56 PM
Alles Klar Herr Kommissar

Matt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandas

Longshot all the way for me. At one point, I wanted a tattoo of him on my shoulder for luck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post
Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin View Post
And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?
Old 06-10-2011, 04:21 PM
A Galaxy Fart Fart Away

Jimmy and Whilce and Todd and the rest of their XTREME BAND OF AWESOME DUDESHIP are also culpable in ushering in the splashapalooza.
Old 06-10-2011, 04:43 PM
I Am Always the Octopus.

Cable actually had a good death. I hope they don't ruin it.