Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People  

Go Back   Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People > General Category > Comics and Literature

Comics and Literature We're not the hugest comic nerds out there, but we have been known to read an issue of "Spider-Ham" from time to time.

Old 09-18-2011, 11:23 AM
I Am Always the Octopus.

Anderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandas
Default Nu DC Universe: Week Two

Mister Terrific: Decent execution, but still boring.

Grifter: It's like if Sawyer starred in a remake of THEY LIVE.

Demon Knights: Great concept plus Paul Cornell, still found it slightly boring.

Batman & Robin: Squandered everything Morrison did to set up the book.

Batwoman: Solid art, great concept...still a bit boring.

Deathstroke: One of the worst mainstream comics on the market.

Frankenstein Agent of S.H.A.D.E.: Jeff Lemire is riding the revamp very high. Best Morrison book not written by Morrison.

Legion Lost: More like Legion Lost up its own ass.

Green Lantern: So, let me get this straight. Johns gets to keep his own GL continuity, but everyone else is told to go piss up a rope? Sinestro rocks.

Red Lanterns: Dex-Starr is the best. Everything else sucks.

Resurrection Man: Solid character. Iffy book.

Suicide Squad: John Ostrander laughs at their inability to relaunch this book worth a fuck.

Superboy: The hardest one to review this week. It started off strong and then turned to a giant pile of shit. It was almost like a 10 year old tried to rewrite the first issue of Supreme Power with a Ben 10 mindset.

Click here to visit AndersonVision!
Old 09-22-2011, 08:45 AM
is a Ginormous Thing.

Timothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandas

Spoiler: Link MIGHT be considered NSFW. Might. Also SPOILERZ! 

DC's really pushing it. Also seems to be losing their minds, too. They're a step or two away from entering Tim Vigil's Faust territory, and it wouldn't surprise me if they get even more graphic before too long.

Ah, but when that magic moment happens, expect Marvel to try and do the same. As much as Disney will let them, however.
Old 09-22-2011, 09:06 AM
is ready for turkey

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

hahahah
Old 09-22-2011, 09:09 AM
is a Ginormous Thing.

Timothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandas

I swear, some of the books I flipped through at my buddy's shop... fan fiction writers seem to be calling the shots at DC.
Old 09-22-2011, 09:37 AM
I Am Always the Octopus.

Anderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy225 View Post
I swear, some of the books I flipped through at my buddy's shop... fan fiction writers seem to be calling the shots at DC.

You don't know how true it is. I've still got four more books to go before I can do a Week 3 breakdown.

Click here to visit AndersonVision!
Old 09-22-2011, 09:45 AM
is a Ginormous Thing.

See, I understand what DC is trying to do, and I applaud the idea. They want to get more people reading comics, and they're reaching out to folks who ordinarily wouldn't bother. Plus, hey, we're seeing commercials for the books on TV, something I'd hoped would happen for quite awhile.

It's just... the execution is fucked.
Old 09-22-2011, 01:03 PM
My wife's son

Captain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The Fahey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy225 View Post
  Spoiler: Link MIGHT be considered NSFW. Might. Also SPOILERZ! 

DC's really pushing it. Also seems to be losing their minds, too. They're a step or two away from entering Tim Vigil's Faust territory, and it wouldn't surprise me if they get even more graphic before too long.

Ah, but when that magic moment happens, expect Marvel to try and do the same. As much as Disney will let them, however.
That shit is embarassing.
Old 09-22-2011, 05:26 PM
My wife's son

Captain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The Fahey

Who in editorial allowed this laugh riot to see print anyway?