POLITICAL BULLSHIT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
    Read a Washington Post article on the hurricane just now. Head of FEMA saying it's not the feds responsibility to respond to storms. And citizens should be their own first responders. I am fucking livid already.
    Same. Oh and I have to work in this shit this weekend.
    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
      Because they're not "mission critical"? I'd think what Mueller is doing is more important than me and I still have to work. Trust me, I'd much rather get the free days off because eveyone ends up getting paid anyway.
      OPM is moving to reclassify Team Mueller as temp employees to prevent any Trump malfeasance.
      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• I'd think that Team Mueller would probably work pro bono at this point.
        Originally posted by Martin
        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
        Originally posted by gravedigger
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• The good thing is that all pardons will get retroactively reviewed.
          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• And down goes Gorka!

Comment

• Legal question:

Could a bill be introduced that could do the following:
              - The President shall not be able to pardon himself/herself
              - The President shall not be able to pardon anyone who is currently the subject of OR a witness to any of the following without receiving 2/3 congressional approval:
              1 a congressional investigation involving the president
              2 a federal investigation involving the president
              3 an independent counsel investigation involving the president
              - Any Presidential pardons given that have violated any of the first two provisions by the current sitting president shall be subject to congressional review and require 2/3 congressional approval to be maintained.

I'd have to think that something like that would pass both the house and the senate with a veto-proof majority.
              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
              Originally posted by gravedigger
              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                Legal question:

Could a bill be introduced that could do the following:
                - The President shall not be able to pardon himself/herself
                - The President shall not be able to pardon anyone who is currently the subject of OR a witness to any of the following without receiving 2/3 congressional approval:
                1 a congressional investigation involving the president
                2 a federal investigation involving the president
                3 an independent counsel investigation involving the president
                - Any Presidential pardons given that have violated any of the first two provisions by the current sitting president shall be subject to congressional review and require 2/3 congressional approval to be maintained.

I'd have to think that something like that would pass both the house and the senate with a veto-proof majority.
                Super loaded territory, but most of which is covered in Mueller investigation. I'd suggest giving the Federalist Papers a skin.

Comment

• They'd have to amend the Constitution. That's not happening.
                  Visit my blog! BMichaelKrol.Wordpress.com Leave vulgar comments!

Twitter.com/bmkrol

Comment

• Originally posted by BMichaelKrol View Post
                    They'd have to amend the Constitution. That's not happening.

A President can't pardon co-conspirators in a crime initiated by the President before taking office or within.

That's the rub.

But, it's why Gorka will walk. Dude came on after the fact and didn't play a direct role in the 2016 mess. His role didn't directly trespass into criminal territory until after the fact.

Hence, Trump can pardon him willy-nilly when the time comes.

But for stunt pardons like Sheriff Joe, it opens up a new can of worms. Sheriff Joe's crimes were 90% state level. By accepting the pardon, it's an acknowledgement of guilt. While the pardon will stand on the higher charges, the state of AZ, Maricopa County, the city government and the impacted prisoners can sue the living fuck out of that old man until he drops dead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                      A President can't pardon co-conspirators in a crime initiated by the President before taking office or within.

That's the rub.
                      Where are you getting this?

Twitter.com/bmkrol

Comment

Where are you getting this?

Where to begin? The wording of the Logan Act, the work already undertaken to nail the bastard and the thousands upon thousands of legal nerds already researching the issue to the point that it has become as exciting as the Weather Channel.

Comment

• What's confusing the shit out of people is the timeline. Can a President have 99.9 absolution in pardon power once in office? Yeah.

Can a President pardon people who helped conspire in a criminal conspiracy with international ties to install himself? No. Actions undertaken as a private citizen before illegally accepting office is the backbone of this entire investigation.

It's also the giant fucking caveat which is making people go fucking crazy. This isn't Watergate, it's worse.

It's also why SCOTUS has been prepped and updated on this matter since before Comey got fired, as at some point...they're going to have to get involved in this ever-expanding quagmire.

That is unless McConnell engineers some hair-brained scheme out of his ass and throws yet another wrench in the works.

Comment

• Again, until the SCOTUS rules that a President cannot pardon co-conspirators for crimes committed pre-election, I'm very dubious what you're saying is the case. We're in uncharted waters here.

Twitter.com/bmkrol

Comment

Again, until the SCOTUS rules that a President cannot pardon co-conspirators for crimes committed pre-election, I'm very dubious what you're saying is the case. We're in uncharted waters here.
                              I don't care what you find dubious. I relate what I get in as I see fit. Do with it what you will.

We are in insanely uncharted waters. Shit's only going to get weirder before it gets better.

Comment

• Back on point:
                                http://www.mypalmbeachpost.com/news/...BEc59vrbz8teK/

Case goes back up in September. Major implications for the human trafficking/Kompromat via Epstein.

Comment

Working...
                                X