Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IN THE LOOP- Way late to the party on this one but I loved it. Pretty sure I need to watch it again because I missed things from laughing too hard. The dialogue is fast and furious. And maybe I'm too cynical but I imagine this is exactly the way things happen in Congress/Parliament/whatever.

THE ROCK-AFIRE EXPLOSION- Documentary about the rise and fall of the big robot band that played at Showbiz Pizza Place. I'm sure the rest of the olds around here know what I'm talking about. For the young guys- Showbiz was what your local Chuck E. Cheese used to be called. Anyway, it starts out kind of interesting and then takes a slow tour through Depression City. The main guy is just looking for some happiness in the world. The rest seem trapped in their childhood. And the creator is perhaps a delusional manchild with a gift for electronics. Felt so bummed about the people profiled afterwards that I had to watch Gaffigan's new stand-up special. Speaking of...

MR. UNIVERSE- Jim Gaffigan's new special. It's so damn funny. Watch it.

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
      IN THE LOOP- Way late to the party on this one but I loved it. Pretty sure I need to watch it again because I missed things from laughing too hard. The dialogue is fast and furious. And maybe I'm too cynical but I imagine this is exactly the way things happen in Congress/Parliament/whatever.
      Its definitely better the second time round. And I expect that most people in British parliament are not even as smart as the characters portrayed here.
      I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• The Change Up

Yes, the Bateman/Reynolds body swap comedy. I honestly expected garbage, considering the genre and the reviews, which is why I was kinda surprised I laughed so much. First off, the 2 leasds are some of my favorites actors, and their love interest are also actresses I like. Olivia Wilde is pure hotness and not a bad actress, and Leslie Mann, always delivering and never afraid to show tits (Go figure. at least they're good looking).

And the whole thing was a bit more raunchier than I expected it to be. It's like "what if Nicholas Cage's Family Man was made by Todd Phillips".

Look, maybe I was really tired, but I sure feel like I didn't waste 2 hours of my time, so there's that.

Also; the movie delivered a new line that will forever stay with me: "It's like Christmas in my ass". And for that alone it deserves my respect.
        BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• SNOW WHITE AND THE HUNTSMAN

I...

um, er....I

Kinda really liked it. Very surprised. I had $10 on my stubs card that was expiring so we HAD to see a movie this weekend (and I'm already seeing PROMETHEUS this afternoon) so my wife suggested SNOW WHITE.

I'll grant that my expectations weren't all that high, but this is beyond that...I honestly liked the film. I was engaged in the story and cared about the characters and what happened to them. I loved the look and gritty feel of the production, the costumes were fantastic, and the special effects were uniformly excellent and seemless. The acting was good enough from everyone...including Kristen Stewart...that i was totally with the film from beginning to end. Also, the dwarves are simply great.

It has some pacing issues, but other than that...yeah, no complaints. Really enjoyed it.
          Originally posted by Martin
          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
          Originally posted by gravedigger
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Cool Matt! Heard the same thing from a friend of mine.

Comment

• Saw a TV spot last night that actually looked pretty excellent. You can tell the film will look great and a couple of the set-pieces look pretty impressive.

I'm just kinda done with Hemsworth and Stewart's limited styles and the producers seem to recognise that Theron is the main cast draw for most and have put her front and centre in all the advertising.

Given that Moonrise Kingdom has already been yanked from my local cinema, I'm thinking I might give this a go. 2D or 3D, Matt?
              I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• It's post-production conversion Ben....

Comment

• As a caveat: the wife unit (who picked the film) did NOT like it. She was bored and disengaged. She loved the production design and all that but felt it was boring. Also, she felt that Kristen Stewart was terrible and couldn't get past her. Now, she wasn't great by any means, but i thought that she was adequate enough that she didn't bother me.
                  Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
                    It's post-production conversion Ben....
                    2D it is then. Cheers.

Comment

• We saw it 2D. I could see a couple of sequences looking fantastic in 3D, but 2Dthe was sufficient.

I want a sequel featuring nothing but the dwarves. They're underused in this film amd steal the show when they turn up.

Of note: there's a sequence involving fairies in this film that is particularly well done, and i don't recall seeing any of it spoiled in the commercials or trailers. It's the best, most magical feeling representation of fairies that I've ever seen, much better than in LEGEND.

Comment

• I don't want to oversell this or give you unrealistic expectations...i sense that i will be in the minority on this film for my level of praise and satisfaction. Keep your expectations in check.

Comment

• The Hangover II thanks to HBO GO. Eh. It looked nice and Zach had some funny lines but overall forgettable.
                          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I thought it sucked.

Comment

• Things I've seen recently

Magic Mike - Not really a summer movie, but I can see it becoming a cult movie.
                              People Like Us - Counter programming against Spidey, but Chris Pine and Banks does well in it.
                              Ted - I thought I wasn't going to see this for another week, but got bumped up. It's not terrible, but it's not good.
                              Jeff Who Lives at Home - Another movie that I'd like what they wanted to do, just not how it came across onscreen.
                              A Thousand Words - In a just world, Eddie Murphy is the tranny hooker getting picked up by an aging black comedian.
                              My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Interesting on TED. Not surprised, but I'm guessing that it gets repetitive with the gimmick after a half hour or so.

Comment

Working...
                                X