Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People  

Go Back   Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People > General Category > New Releases in the theater

New Releases in the theater Like paying 10 bucks a ticket and sitting with the mouthbreathers to watch a new film? Then post about it here

Old 01-10-2018, 01:10 PM
THE DREAM

Captain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The Fahey

There really weren't any characters in this latest iteration that had a personality aside from Ned, Pete, and Toombs. Everything else felt like some old man's version of how kids talk.

Keaton was the golden ticket that held what worked together, everything else tried its damnedest to just undermine what was entertaining or interesting.

I was more interested in their dynamic than anything else they crammed in there.

The spectacle in these sorts of movies has gotten so removed from any notion of the physical plane of reality that it has become mind-numbing as a result. I couldn't help but check out each time virtual Tom Holland was flipping around, shitting strings at other computerized forms.

Tony Stark was a lame avenue to push Pete's father problem into and ended up taking away from Toombs and his burgeoning relationship with Pete as WOKE CRIMINAL MASTERMIND DAD. Honestly, that scene in the car deserved to be stretched to encompass much more of the film's conflict than what we got and it gives me the red ass. Instead we got half-assed jokes from Martin Starr and a trip to D.C.

More Keaton, less Benis Barker. Maybe they'll find a balance with the next one? I just didn't get the affection heaped on this attempt.

Last edited by Captain Russ; 01-10-2018 at 01:12 PM.