Now This is Podracing! The Star Wars Catch-All Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now This is Podracing! The Star Wars Catch-All Thread

Them Star Wars movies are pretty popular. Hell, you may have even seen one or two of them! But have you read the new novels? The Marvel comics? How about watched The Clone Wars or Rebels? If your answer is, "Fuck no, I have a life." well then you're in luck, because I have read/watched most of them!

Here I'll be dropping new revelations and spoilers that come up in the media other than the films. If you plan on immersing yourself in all things Star Wars one day, you may want to stay out of here. If you have a question about something, ask me. Wanna know how Vader found out the name of the pilot that destroyed the Death Star? Wanna know why Kylo has such an odd light saber? Why does Captain Phasma have such shiny armor? Who's hotter, Padme or Rey? ASK AND I SHALL ANSWER!

Or I'll make something up at least.
    Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
    John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

I AM SO GLAD YOU ARE BACK.

And I cannot wait for to watch the second season of Rebels. Rebels is the best thing not called the Force Awakens to come out in the SW universe in ages.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

SO AM I!

Rebels had a revelation last night that may have a strong connection to The Force Awakens.

Also, "Snap" Wexley (Greg Grunberg's character in TFA) is a main character in the Aftermath novels, which deal with the events after RotJ where he's a teenager with mommy issues.

Comment

The Aftermath novels good? I haven't read any EU stuff since the Yuzon Vong or whatever when they killed Chewbacca by crushing him with a moon...
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
          The Aftermath novels good? I haven't read any EU stuff since the Yuzon Vong or whatever when they killed Chewbacca by crushing him with a moon...
          Eh, if you're expecting to find out what Luke, Leia and Han did after Return, stay away. But if you want to know what happened to Wedge, a bunch of new characters, and an Imperial Admiral first introduced in an earlier novel, then read away.

So far, Lords of the Sith has been the best novel I've read. It deals with Vader and Palpatine being stranded on a planet while a group of resistance fighters tries to kill them. Vader is badass in it.

Comment

duly noted.

Comment

Yesterday, a character they introduced in Rebels also appeared in the Kanan comic, both on THE SAME DAY!

That's some spicy synergy right there.

Comment

I am so annoyed I don't get Disney XD anymore.

Comment

Hopefully it will show up on Netflix like The Clone Wars. Disney seems to have a good relationship with them.

Still, sucks to wait.

Comment

I know! The trailers for the mid season breaks and shit KILL ME.

Just grabbed The Force Awakens art book. It is AWESOME. Some crazy designs that I wish we would have seen. Especially with the lightsabers that had no casing and were just the fucking kyber crystal wrapped with twine and shit. Looked neat

Comment

YES! Sarah got me that book for Christmas. It's awesome. Now I need the Visual Dictionary.

Comment

I was lulzing over some of Ian McCaig's designs that made no fucking sense. Especially some of the Jedi Killer designs and shit.

Comment

Ari, who is hotter- Padme or Rey? IT IS AN ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE CHOICE.

Why does Phasma have that rad armor? I assume it's an honorific of some sort?

Because of midichlorians, do you think all Jedi spring from the same genetic source?

Comment

Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
                            Ari, who is hotter- Padme or Rey? IT IS AN ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE CHOICE.

Why does Phasma have that rad armor? I assume it's an honorific of some sort?

Because of midichlorians, do you think all Jedi spring from the same genetic source?
                            Padme, but Rey is a much better character.

Phasma's armor was actually made from the hull of one of Palpatine's old ships after he died.

No, but I have a feeling since Anakin was partially created it has messed with the Skywalker genes, making each generation more powerful than the last. Even Leia, who has the ability to sense events that concern her lineage when she is close to the location where said event took place.

Comment

Originally posted by Ari View Post
                              No, but I have a feeling since Anakin was partially created it has messed with the Skywalker genes, making each generation more powerful than the last. Even Leia, who has the ability to sense events that concern her lineage when she is close to the location where said event took place.
                              Explains how Luke became an uber powerful Jedi in the EU. Wonder if that'll hold true in Episode 8?

Comment

Working...
                              X