What'cha watchin' ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
    Which is my warning to you all. It's fucking awful. Stop. It doesn't get better.
    Thank you sir for stopping me before the spousal unit could see it. I sat through ALL of the fucking StarGate shows. I'VE PAID MY FUCKING DUES MAN!!!!!
    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Ygritte!

Comment

• Yep. Snow tested, ginger approved.
        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
          Ygritte!

Told ya. Worth the wait, no?

Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
          Yep. Snow tested, ginger approved.
          Heard that. He's and idiot, though. When a gorgeous ginger like Ygritte says "I don't ever want to leave this cave, Jon Snow. Not ever." You stay in the fucking cave with her.

Comment

• Da Specific.

(The Pacific.)

There are moments here and there that are incredibly harrowing. but they are few and far between, as the structure of the series is unfortunately too disjointed to make any character leave a lasting impression on the viewer.

Never settling on one character to center the narrative around proves to be problematic at best, as with Band of Brothers, there was a central figure around which the entire thing was based (Dick Winters, but one could also say it is Easy Company itself that provides the central character, much the same way a corporation is a person).

Here, there are three different characters and their respective supporting cast vying for the spotlight at any given time, which in the end ruins the momentum of their separate stories by hopping back and forth without much purpose other than to preserve the chronology of events.

If the story were of one of these men instead of all three, I'm sure it would have been much more successful as a companion to the ETO series.
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• That.

I wanted to like the Pacific so bad, but it felt like vignette, spread out with some really boring episodes.
              BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Watching the season finale for "Longmire" tonight. So far, Longmire's brought in the body of the person who attacked him at the end of last week's episode. Branch is on leave with a cleared out desk (courtesy of Ferg at Walt's request), Vic got between Walt and another person and got hit for her trouble.
                Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs!

Comment

• HELL ON WHEELS Season 4 started over the weekend, and we watched the first episode last night. It's off to a good start: some questionable elements are coming into Cheyenne to keep order, and it should be nice and violent around there pretty soon as they try to 'keep the peace.'
                  Originally posted by Martin
                  Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                  Originally posted by gravedigger
                  Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                  Originally posted by Martin
                  And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                  Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by JLynnCarr View Post
                    Watching the season finale for "Longmire" tonight. So far, Longmire's brought in the body of the person who attacked him at the end of last week's episode. Branch is on leave with a cleared out desk (courtesy of Ferg at Walt's request), Vic got between Walt and another person and got hit for her trouble.
                    Good finale. Very good.

Comment

• Holy buckets, the Longmire finale delivered. I thought there were a few bumps this season but the finale tied everything together in a great way while planting seeds for next year's big story.

Spoiler: s3 finale 
                      I called it as soon as Major Dad sat down. You could totally see he loaded a new shell into the breech. Dude is EVIL. But I suppose the question is- who got shot?

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
                        Holy buckets, the Longmire finale delivered. I thought there were a few bumps this season but the finale tied everything together in a great way while planting seeds for next year's big story.

Spoiler: s3 finale 
                        I called it as soon as Major Dad sat down. You could totally see he loaded a new shell into the breech. Dude is EVIL. But I suppose the question is- who got shot?
                        Yeah,
                          Spoiler: YERP 
                        when Major Dad turned his back I knew it was shit meet fan time. But remember Branch loaded his too. God I hope Major Dad took one to the face.

Comment

• That finale was terrific, and I'm chompin' at the bit for next season to get here already.

Spoiler: Highlights from this episode! 
                          Felt bad for Vic - divorce and getting accidentally clocked by Longmire. Still she did get the goods on Nighthorse, and if Branch dodged a shotgun blast and ponies up what Nighthorse and Branch's dad did... Longmire's gonna raise 100 kinds of Hell in retaliation.

Hoping against hope Branch shot first. Dude's been through enough hell as of late.

Henry's troubles seem to FINALLY be behind him. GOOD. He's gonna need all that free time to keep Longmire from doing something stupid next season.

Longmire finally breaking down as he scattered his wife's ashes. All the feels there.

Comment

• Game of Thrones has way too many characters.

Spoiler: mid season three 
                            so I've heard there's something called The Red Wedding that's apparently really fucked up. I don't know how I've stayed spoiler-free on it so far. Anyway, last night I watched the ep where Tyrion has to marry Sansa and thought that would be it since everyone was wearing red. I guess not? Because except for the drunken speech nothing really happened. I assume they're going to have the wedding between that evil shit Joffrey and that other chick and it goes down there. There's only one disc left so I guess I'll see soon.

Khaleesi was totally boring in the first season but now I wish the entire show centered around her. And not even because of the dragons.

Comment

• haha. I enjoy gravedigger's last post. WAIT UNTIL YOU SEE THE WEDDING OF RED. I dont' even enjoy the show but thought that was pretty freaking great.
                              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Red Wedding......Oh those reaction shots on youtube.

Comment

Working...
                                X