No announcement yet.

What'cha watchin' ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yahoo reviving Community? Hahahha, what?

Comment

• My opinion too. Weird.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
        I won't get into a twist over that. If everything else is good, it won't matter.
          Spoiler: What I can remember from yesterday about Constantine 

While there are some changes, it's mostly a straight adaptation of the first storyline from the ongoing series. The nut house, the electro shock, haunted by a girl he might've killed, etc.

Things I thought were cool:

Zatanna's magical phrasing given credence and showing up.
        The Helmet of Dr. Fate being a minor touching point.

This isn't Alan Moore or Warren Ellis's take on the character. This is more of the late 80s/after Moore left take. The non smoking ultimately is a minor issue, as Constantine is still a little frazzled after being fucked with in the nut hatch. But, people get that he's an expert in his field.

Think of the show as Sherlock by way of Supernatural. Honestly, I believe that it survives the year and comes back for a second season.
        My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
          Yahoo reviving Community? Hahahha, what?
          I haven't given a shit about this show since season 3. Just let it die.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
              Spoiler: What I can remember from yesterday about Constantine 

While there are some changes, it's mostly a straight adaptation of the first storyline from the ongoing series. The nut house, the electro shock, haunted by a girl he might've killed, etc.

Things I thought were cool:

Zatanna's magical phrasing given credence and showing up.
            The Helmet of Dr. Fate being a minor touching point.

This isn't Alan Moore or Warren Ellis's take on the character. This is more of the late 80s/after Moore left take. The non smoking ultimately is a minor issue, as Constantine is still a little frazzled after being fucked with in the nut hatch. But, people get that he's an expert in his field.

Think of the show as Sherlock by way of Supernatural. Honestly, I believe that it survives the year and comes back for a second season.
            Good to hear.
            Originally posted by Martin
            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
            Originally posted by gravedigger
            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Flash: who cares?

Constantine: who cares?
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Flash: I do after being surprised at how much I dug Arrow

Constantine: I don't. I'd rather see a sequel to the movie everyone loves to hate
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                  Flash: I do after being surprised at how much I dug Arrow

Constantine: I don't. I'd rather see a sequel to the movie everyone loves to hate
                  The Flash pilot fixes all of my problems with Arrow. That being said, it tries to stuff a season's worth of plot into a single episode.
                  My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• The constraints of budget and star power make me less inclined to sit down and invest time in TV superheroing unless it is 1992 and Batman is kicking someone in the face to Shirley Walker jams.

Or it is 1966 and Batman is THWACK!'ing someone in the face.
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                      I didn't hate it at all (indeed, I liked it for the most part), but it really got the character of Constantine himself pretty wrong. THIS version looks to get him right and appears to be more in line with the Garth Ennis version of the character, which is awesome.
                      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Plus, Jeremy Davies is in the TV Constantine. Unlike that aborted production.

Comment

• oh shit Davies is in it? I'll give it a go for him.

Comment

• I still want to cockpunch Davies for Saving Private Ryan.

I kinda liked Constantine. It was fun, but I'm interested in a new take on Constantine.
                            Last edited by Martin; 07-01-2014, 11:33 AM.
                            BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• I want to shake his hand for plowing a disabled Alberta Watson.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                                Plus, Jeremy Davies is in the TV Constantine. Unlike that aborted production.
                                HE WAS LICKING ME!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X