No announcement yet.

Star Wars: The Complete Saga on Blu-Ray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Empire and Jedi. Maybe A New Hope. Not buying the set.
    Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
    Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
    POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

Artwork. Individual sets look pretty neat. Whole saga looks dumb.
      http://www.aintitcool.com/node/49504
      Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
      Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
      POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan View Post
        Individual sets are passable looking (I guess), but the whole saga is a complete embarrassment. I'm still gonna end up buying the damned thing, though.
        Originally posted by Martin
        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
        Originally posted by gravedigger
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

You know in 9 months he will announce the original ones will be released though, just like they did on DVD. I'm waiting on that.

Comment

Really wanna get the whole set. Not seen Menace or Clones in ages and Sith did grow on me quite a bit so I'm game.

"Anatomy of a Dewback." YES.
            "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan View Post
              I don't know, I sort of like the whole saga artwork. But then, I"m a sucker for symmetry.
              Visit my blog! BMichaelKrol.Wordpress.com Leave vulgar comments!

Twitter.com/bmkrol

Comment

Originally posted by BMichaelKrol View Post
                I don't know, I sort of like the whole saga artwork. But then, I"m a sucker for symmetry.
                Actually agreed. But it is still a rather bad riff of the ep1 teaser poster:

Which actually even works better on a thematical level than the chosen one...

At the end of the day though it is highly unlikely that this set will be found in my collection.

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
                  Actually agreed. But it is still a rather bad riff of the ep1 teaser poster:

Which actually even works better on a thematical level than the chosen one...

At the end of the day though it is highly unlikely that this set will be found in my collection.
                  I agree. I think the teaser for Episode One was fantastic.

And yeah, I don't see myself buying any of these.

Twitter.com/bmkrol

Comment

Yeah, that poster has been the best thing coming out of the prequels by far. Except maybe the first teaser trailer. Ahhh, hindsight, gotta love thee!

Comment

The first teaser is still one of the best trailers ever. It's just too bad that the actual movie was ass.
                      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Ep 1 AT LEAST had the pod race and the Darth Maul fight. They don't redeem the film but they do make it somewhat watchable. I can't think of anything that redeems Ep 2.

I DO agree on the Ep 1 teaser poster and trailer, though. Fine work.
                        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

I do like the asteroid chase, if only for the sound effects work.
                          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Won't be picking this up for the following reasons:

1) No Blu-Ray player. Granted, a small, easily rectified problem, but I are lazy.
                            2) Damn movies are on cable quite a few times each year, usually in marathons, usually over several days including reruns.

Comment

I just want the bonus material. Indeed, I may pass on buying the set and simply borrowing the bonus material from a buddy of mine who I know, for a fact, will be buying it.

I'm interested to see before/after comparisons on picture quality, though. If we see something along the lines of 'Aliens' in improvement, then yeah...I'll buy it.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post
                                I just want the bonus material. Indeed, I may pass on buying the set and simply borrowing the bonus material from a buddy of mine who I know, for a fact, will be buying it.

I'm interested to see before/after comparisons on picture quality, though. If we see something along the lines of 'Aliens' in improvement, then yeah...I'll buy it.
                                Aliens is a good blu-ray then? I was trying to decide if I should buy the Alien blu-rays so I'm wondering if it is a good investment? Even though I have outgrown Aliens and all...

Twitter.com/bmkrol

Comment

Working...
                                X