Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LINCOLN

Wow. Excellent film. Highly recommended.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Revenge of the Ninja. The best of several films to capatilize on the ninja craze of the early 80's. It was even better than I remembered it. I recalled it being ultra violent, but there was an amputation I had completely forgotten about, & the final death scene was even better than I remembered it. Of course, the caltrop/ball bearing scene & the mouth needles in the face are classics. The guy playing the head gangster Caifano is also craptastically brilliant, chewing up the scenery in every frame he's in. And who could forget that iconic tagline: "Only a ninja can stop a ninja"? If you've never had the pleasure, I strongly recomment seeking this one out. It was incredibly cheap from Amazon, and more than worth it.
      I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• I remember doing a Sho Kosugi marathon last year. Love the cheese.

This year: the American Ninja series. BRING ME SOME STEVE JAMES*, BITCHES.

*The original Black Dynamite
        BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by IggytheBorg View Post
          Revenge of the Ninja. The best of several films to capatilize on the ninja craze of the early 80's. It was even better than I remembered it. I recalled it being ultra violent, but there was an amputation I had completely forgotten about, & the final death scene was even better than I remembered it. Of course, the caltrop/ball bearing scene & the mouth needles in the face are classics. The guy playing the head gangster Caifano is also craptastically brilliant, chewing up the scenery in every frame he's in. And who could forget that iconic tagline: "Only a ninja can stop a ninja"? If you've never had the pleasure, I strongly recomment seeking this one out. It was incredibly cheap from Amazon, and more than worth it.
          YES. A million time yes. Saw this a couple of times when it first came out, and right from the opening, you learned what "badass" really meant. The best of the 80's ninja flicks, despite the cheese fest of Ninja 3: the Domination.

Originally posted by Martin View Post
          I remember doing a Sho Kosugi marathon last year. Love the cheese.

This year: the American Ninja series. BRING ME SOME STEVE JAMES*, BITCHES.

*The original Black Dynamite
          I see my future travel plans must include a visit to young master Martin's house in the Great White North. Please advise as to what alcoholic beverages I should bring, good sir!

Comment

• So Revenge of the Ninja just got added to my christmas list.
            I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• You won't regret it, Ben-san.

Comment

• Machine Gun Preacher - worth the watch for Butler's delivery of "shut your fucking mouth ma" alone. Not a great flick though
                "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• The Dark Knight Rises. Still bloated, still silly, still beautiful looking, still not a good movie.
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• 80's-90's rewatch weekend!

Summer School

I still like that flick. Also, it had 80's hoties Courtney Thorne-Smith and Shawnee Smith and that unknown italian gal with a tremendous body. Man, that movie ws when Dean Cameron was The Man.

Speed

Still a pretty damn good action flick, but I did find it less effective than last time. What I did find the most stupid is the fact that it happen the day after Hopper was foiled the first time around. Somehow, he planned all of this, and Reeve and Daniels got a medal the same day they saved those people. Talk about effective bureaucracy.

The Rock definitely is THE Hollywood action flick of the 90's (the BEST action flick of the decade? A tie between The Killer and Hard Boiled).

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

Well, it definitely is among my favorite movie of all time. As funny as the first time I've seen it, it's a masterpiece of the genre in my eyes. If anything, it's a reminder of how well Black is solid is as a writer, how Downey Jr is good, and how Val Kilmer wasted his career so far, because he's clearly talented, and in this, he's rock solid.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post

I see my future travel plans must include a visit to young master Martin's house in the Great White North. Please advise as to what alcoholic beverages I should bring, good sir!
                      Anything you fancy. It shall be a feast of poutine, foie gras and local beers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
                        Anything you fancy. It shall be a feast of poutine, foie gras and local beers.
                        Oh HELL yes. I need to visit Chez Savage as well!
                        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Oh, and I rewatched PROMETHEUS. It's a gorgeous misfire of epic proportions. What a colossal waste of talent for a plot and script worthy of the SyFy channel.

Comment

• Matt, check out the original script (I posted the link in the Prometheus thread). All the good stuff from the flick is in there, and there's SO MUCH MORE, and all the shit is Lindhof.

Had they filmed it (and it was a Alien PREQUEL), it would have been so much better....

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                              Oh HELL yes. I need to visit Chez Savage as well!
                              You HAD me at Canadian beer. Unibroue. . . [Insert Homer Simpson Drool Noise]. I'll bring the cheese and cigars.

Last night my wife fell asleep on a DVR'd Criminal Minds. Since I figured she'd want to finish it & there was no point in me seeing it twice, I scrolled thru the channels til I settled on: Reservoir Dogs. I must have seen this a hundred times. And it is still ALWAYS just as good. Delivers every time.
                              I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Originally posted by IggytheBorg View Post
                                You HAD me at Canadian beer. Unibroue. . . [Insert Homer Simpson Drool Noise]. I'll bring the cheese and cigars.

Last night my wife fell asleep on a DVR'd Criminal Minds. Since I figured she'd want to finish it & there was no point in me seeing it twice, I scrolled thru the channels til I settled on: Reservoir Dogs. I must have seen this a hundred times. And it is still ALWAYS just as good. Delivers every time.
                                The Unibroue 17 is the best beer I ever tasted. It's RIDICULOUS. It's a big ass bottle, and it's 10% alcohol. Glorious. It's now available in the States, if I remember correctly.

And of course you guys are invited.

Comment

Working...
                                X