Star Trek: The Star Trek Part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A real human bean
    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• I drive.
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I dig QoS because it's pretty damn lean, and pretty as fuck. Guess I might enjoy Star Trek. And really, I think Abrams is more fit for a Star Wars movie than Star Trek. Trek is about the exploration and interaction with other races. Wars you can have a shit load of Jedi and Stormtroopers just go ape shit and make it real pretty like.

Comment

• I hated QOS in the theaters but liked it much better when I watched it again at home...it seemed to gel much better. Perhaps that'll be the case with STiD.
          Originally posted by Martin
          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
          Originally posted by gravedigger
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Did anyone see it in 3D? I am planning on a 2D showing unless it's some mind bending 3D work, which by that I mean Hobbit level.

Comment

• I saw it in 2D and didn't regret it. I can tell that there are moments in the film where 3D would be pretty cool, though (the new effect for warp speed is REALLY cool, and the 3D should look awesome for that).
              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• was this shot in 3d or post converted?
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Now that I've slept on it, I've come to the conclusion that I hate this film.

It's not the QOS of Trek films, it's the JAWS: THE REVENGE of Trek films. It's literally filled with incredibly stupid people making incredibly stupid decisions. It's got a 'plot' that falls apart at the slightest scrutiny. It literally needs a giant shark to leap out of the water and impale itself on the prow of the Enterprise at the end.

Fuck this film. Fuck it hard, fuck it deep.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                    it's the JAWS: THE REVENGE of Trek films.
                    I want that on a poster.
                    Originally posted by Ari
                    The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                      was this shot in 3d or post converted?
                      Shot to be IMAX friendly, but post converted.
                      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                        I saw it in 2D and didn't regret it. I can tell that there are moments in the film where 3D would be pretty cool, though (the new effect for warp speed is REALLY cool, and the 3D should look awesome for that).
                        I saw it in 3D. Sometimes Abrams patented lens flares were hovering in the middle of the shot. It was sort of funny/distracting.
                        Visit my blog! BMichaelKrol.Wordpress.com Leave vulgar comments!

Twitter.com/bmkrol

Comment

• Guys, guys, guys...

You're supposed to be helping alleviate my anxiety about seeing this, not increasing it!

When the last one came out I was just so happy to have a new Trek in some form or other that I was willing to lower the standard a little. But if the reports are to be believed about this being a(nother generic) muddled, noisy mess for the summer season, I'd rather have another Voyager level TV series instead. Better that than a pseudo-Trek series as far as I'm concerned.

On a related note, I honestly don't want to dread this new Star Wars movie, but I am so far from sold on J.J. as a director worthy of these sorts of movies it's not even funny.
                          "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Be afraid, Bobby. Be very afraid. It's a shiny, highly polished turd.

Comment

• The thing is, there IS some enjoyment to be had in there. The acting is great from everyone. Cumberbatch goes a tad over the top with the scenery chewing, but it worked for me.

The effects were great for the most part, and some of the individual action sequences are pretty solid little mini-movies. The space dive, where two characters travel from ship to ship by rocketing through space in space suits, is a particularly well done sequence with some honest tension to it.

It also hits some emotional beats square on the head. Kirk has a great 'I'm scared' moment near the end that got to me. Unfortunately, what followed killed all of that pretty flat.

It's not cohesive, and it's not just a matter of plot holes (which there are many of). It's the sheer stupidity of the actions onscreen that is just dumbfounding. These actions simply do not make rational sense, especially when they are being done by individuals who have demonstrable intelligence (within the film).

When you watch this thing, you will sit there in AWE and amazement of the stupidity that you are beholden to. It really is that bad.

Comment

• Yeah Bobby, there's things to enjoy about the film, but it's not a good film.

I just skimmed Capone's piece at AICN. I sense there's a backlash brewing against the people that don't like this movie. Apparently concerns about plot and structure are nitpicking.

Sigh. I will never understand the desire geeks have to swallow shit and pretend it's cake, just cause there's a spaceship in a movie.
                                Visit my blog! BMichaelKrol.Wordpress.com Leave vulgar comments!

Twitter.com/bmkrol

Comment

Working...
                                X