The Kickball Stadium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by McMeatbag View Post
    I just feel bad for Blackpool. Fucking hell what a goalacaust.

On the opposite side, Fox Sperts has the Atletico Madrid/Barcelona game on.

La Liga seems fun...
    Their games usually are. They seem to play at a faster pace than Premier League or Bundesliga games. Not as physical.

Comment

Word.

But they lack the one element that makes Prem better: Stephen Ireland.

(just kidding)
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

Word.

But they lack the one element that makes Prem better: Stephen Ireland.

(just kidding)
        I'm sure his house makes England more better!

Comment

Gold, Jerry! Gold!
          Me quick one want slow

Comment

But I noticed no separate room for the Premier League's favorite pastime...

Comment

LOL.

That fucking headline...

Keep it classy, ya fucking thugs.
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

That match was pretty awesome.

Aside from the whole red-carding toward the end, it was completely devoted to attack the entire time. Ridiculous (but a fun change of pace).

I wish I had more state-side coverage of the Primera/Bundesliga matches, or at least more than the sporadic airing of big-name games.
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Sunderland??? WHA?

Goals o' the year shartlist: http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...fifa-goal-2010
                  Last edited by Captain Russ; 11-17-2010, 10:05 AM.
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

Just watched us eke out a 1-1 draw at home to Morocco on a Jumanji-esque night at Windsor Park. Before you all rightly wet yourselves laughing, it behooves me to point out that most of our team was made up of teens and assorted emerging talent/fringe players, including the second half keeper from Irish league side Linfield who gifted them their goal.

Still, 1-1 with Morocco. We're ranked 41st in the world, dang-nabbit! We're better than this nonsense.

By the way, I share your Sunderland amazement. Still can't quite believe that, but we need all the help we can get considering our less than stellar performances of late. It's frightening how much we depend on Rooney.
                    "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

That sounds painful Bobby.

The Sunderland Surprise was indeed needed. Anyone who makes those blue bastards crumble deserves praise, along with the requisite shock in this case.
                      Last edited by Captain Russ; 11-17-2010, 05:28 PM.
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

That sounds painful Bobby.
                        Such is following the Ulstermen, sir.

I'm too ashamed of the goal in question to even link to it, though I'm sure about fifty Moroccan TV clips of it have been uploaded already. It's dreadful and completely flatters them. We played some lovely stuff, despite (deliberately) not having a first choice team out. I know it's only a friendly, but we should be beating these teams and we're making an annoying habit out of gifting them undeserved draws.
                        "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

At least it wasn't an own goal. I know that isn't much of a consolation, and that there really is no excuse to have a secondary group go out for an international friendly.

I'd be livid as well if it were the national team over here pulling such a move.

Hopefully, learning from this mistake will push your squad.
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

Imagine how this bastard feels...

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fyNdt9yVugk&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&versi on=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fyNdt9yVugk&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&versi on=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

Eggbox, you are my hero.

Without you, I wouldn't be watching the replay of the Classico game right now, or the resultant goalacaust. What a first half.

Fuck you Ronaldo.
                              Last edited by Captain Russ; 12-01-2010, 12:40 PM.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

Well... the French are famous for their whores!

Comment

Working...
                                X