No announcement yet.

Questions for the Brits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hope no one asks what the hell the etiology of "Station Wagon" is. I have never had any idea.
    I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• The very first station wagons were called 'depot hacks' - they worked primarily around train depots as hacks (taxicabs). The modified back ends that made them depot hacks were necessary to carry large amounts of luggage - everyone traveled by train then, remember, and you needed a car that could comfortably carry people and large amounts of luggage from the train station to home. They were also called 'carryall's' and 'suburbans' (a name Plymouth used on their wagons until the late 1970's). 'Station wagon' was just another derivative of 'depot hack'; they were vehicles that were used as wagons (to carry passengers and cargo) from (railroad) stations.

Comment

• Bravo. I sleep better now.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Oh, hi Mark.
          I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• What is a "pillock"? I have sussed out that it is a derogatory term, but I'm not sure of the exact meaning. Does it mean stupid/dense, or disagreeable (the rough equivalent to calling someone an arsehole)?

Comment

• It's etymology is it comes from the Norse word for penis. And it means "idiot."

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                It's etymology is it comes from the Norse word for penis. And it means "idiot."
                You googling motherfucker you.
                "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Working...
                X