Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Braindead Radio Episode 25: ...Look Closer (is it infected?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AAAAAARGHBKEGUK>S:LNFLSNLFSKS#WS@#^^^^

Comment

Haha. I BROKE RANDALL! I WIN TEH INTARWEBZ!

No but seriously, T4 was fucking horrible (in pretty much every way) and I'd much rather watch T3 any fucking day.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

I haven't seen T3, but the idea of saying "Fuck it" and Skynet drops the bomb. Pretty much says that everything that was done prior was a massive fuck you.

Just have Robocop v. Terminator already.
        "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

No it solidifies that Judgement Day/War would happen no matter what. BttF's time line made way more sense.

And I'd kill for Robo vs Terminator at this point.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

I don't think murder is necessary. But in some alternative universe James Cameron and Paul Verhoven joined forces in 1991 to create Robocop v. Terminator.

Comment

Murder is most definitely necessary when killer robots are involved sir.

Comment

I didn't say there were robots in this scenario. That was your justification for murder and destruction.

Comment

AND IT'S AIRTIGHT. ahha.

Comment

Say that to the 75 federal marshals that will take you down.

Now let's never speak of this again. *goes back to dusting*

Comment

President Bill Pullman never ceases to bring an AMERICA FUCK YEAH to my eye. Sort of like Benedict from Last Action Hero.

LOL @ Captain Ron.

ETA: MASSIVELOLZ at the American Beauty mechfap. Jeebus.
                      Last edited by Captain Russ; 07-05-2010, 07:01 PM.
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

Agree on the WTF perdkerst (Maron's show).

It's pretty good stuff, or at least as far as being an insanely neurotic self-analyzing son of David can be. Not so much comedic moments as it is just interesting esoteric comedy industry jibba jabba, though there are some golden moments of hilarity and ridiculous interviewees.
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

I'll stand by Rob that T3 is pretty good. Sounds like there's some controversial stuff on the new episode. I'm looking forward to listening.

Also, question for the peanut gallery- did Rob already have p'shop himself as a Navi from his "special" art projects involving Sigourney Weaver's avatar? Answer choices are: "Yes", "Obviously", or "BRB, having ponytail secks".

Comment

I'd ARM her if you know whatimsayin...

Comment

I mostly agree on the overall execution of T3, at least as far as the ending is concerned.

It took a somewhat ho-hum paint-by-numbers Terminator movie and made it worthy of the mantle.

T2 is a slog until they get to Dyson. Up until then, nothing really seems all that urgent after the first couple of chase scenes. Lots of ruminating and hallucinating in Mexicali (though that nuke nightmare where Hamilton melts is still fucked up).

My main gripe with T2 is that Johnny Connor castrates Arnold and makes it an R-rated Iron Giant. I will never forgive Cameron nor Fartlong for this, and nor should Dah Schwarzenegger. They made him about as threatening as an anime hug pillow.

T3 unfortunately has some hang ups too: "TAHK TO DA HAND" gag, mostly daylight photography that makes everything look really cartoony and lacks the menace and tech noir aesthetic of the OG films (even though it worked for that crane chase), and they killed off Sarah Connor. That shit is unforgiveable, yo.

But then they nuked the earf and all was forgiven. I liked the concept of Skynet as something that was inevitable.

Salvation is a greatest hits collection that misses the fucking point entirely. All power ballads and none of the deep cuts.
                              Last edited by Captain Russ; 07-05-2010, 08:08 PM.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

<3 <3 <3

Comment

Working...
                                X