No announcement yet.

Brain Dead Radio Episode 136: The Salad Party

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need to see red state. I can't watch the early stuff. Characters are hateable and the dialogue is infuriating. Old.
    Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
    Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
    POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

Yoga Hosers is Smith making the Smith movie that everyone expected. But, it was too much Smith and it overwhelmed the populace.

The sheer audacity of that creative dump puts a smile on my face.

Red State is a half baked idea that can never quite get over its own hump.
      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

Red State is watchable though.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

The only misstep was the lack of budget for the real ending.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
            Red State is watchable though.

But, that's just it. If Smith can't catch a break, then why play into expectations that people won't let him meet? Grab that bar and drag it into the fucking dirt.

It's high art.
            My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

I see where you're coming from and have no problem with lowering the bar but at least make it watchable. I've never had to split a 90 min movie up into 2 showings.

Comment

Mallrats and Dogma are pretty much the only two I'll go out of my way to watch. I like Jersey Girl, but would really only watch it again if it happened to be on and i had nothing else to do. Haven't watched Clerks or Chasing Amy since high school. Jay and Silent Bob and Clerks 2 are cringeworthy. Haven't seen any of his newer stuff because none of it sounds like something I would like. But I would totally watch Mallrats 2, even if it sucks, for nostalgia sake.
                Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

Awwws. I'm the only person who liked Clerks 2. Love Rosario sooooo much. Plus it was the first movie that Lesley and I saw together.

Comment

And that's ok! I know most people hate Jersey Girl, but I still love it.

ETA: I think JG was one of the first movies Nathan and I saw, but I could be wrong.
                    Last edited by Ingrid; 02-21-2017, 09:16 AM.
                    Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

It's not a bad movie. Carlin and Tyler were really good in it. Just never one I find myself wanting to watch.

Comment

I see where you're coming from and have no problem with lowering the bar but at least make it watchable. I've never had to split a 90 min movie up into 2 showings.
                        Shit isn't meant to be easy to process.

Also, if Universal keeps it up...Mallrats 2 is never happening.

Comment

It's just a bad movie. I don't get why you continue to go to bat for it. There are better bad movies to go to bat for haha.

It felt like a very bad fan film

Comment

It's just a bad movie. I don't get why you continue to go to bat for it. There are better bad movies to go to bat for haha.

It felt like a very bad fan film

It's not a very bad film. Lion was a very bad film that convinced a handful of people that it was better than itself.

Yoga Hosers is a proud piece of shit.

Comment

Fine. He set out to make a shitty movie and he accomplished that.

Comment

Fine. He set out to make a shitty movie and he accomplished that.

As opposed to the times when he tried to do well and crapped the bed.

Comment

Working...
                                X