Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skirt Pullingham Fights People with Funny Hair.

Barring a shoehorned ending, it was fun.

A special shout out to Clifton Collins and the Vegan (Natural) Po-lice.

Addendum: The digi-sword Schwartzman was throwin' around hurt my fucking eyes. It was a cool effect and all, but shit it was bright. /I'm old

The Messenger.

Woody and Ben Foster were outstanding, as was Buscemi's small role as a parent of a fallen soldier. Samantha Morton as well was stellar, and the long-take scene she shared with Foster in the kitchen was a pretty fantastic acting-off. Very raw, but very well acted.

And now that The White Ribbon is on instant, that'll be next.
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
      Law Abiding Citizen.

I'd love to get my hands on a pre-shooting version of the script and see if it was always fucked. Cos the first hour is pure greatness. Smart, brutal, suspenseful.

Around about the time there's a rocket launcher on wheels, the whole thing starts to fall apart. Which is a real shame, cos its arguably some of Butler's best work and Gray pulls off some pretty great scenes, not least of all the two most shocking murder scenes.

And that makes me wonder if there was always the increasingly flawed final act. I suspect not, but I could be wrong. If it was tampered with, well, I'm sure its been quoted a thousand times before, but it bares repeating: "Motherfuck F Gary Gray".
      I didn't hate the ending as much as you did, but the first act definitely calls for a harsher, more dour ending than what we got.
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• They Live

Dug it. I was a bit surprised at how slowly it started. Even by Carpenter's standards, it felt very lean. Must've been a very short story it was based on. That said, Piper was a blast and David always brings the goods. I loved all the through the sunglasses/contacts stuff. Really cool. All the fun action and minimalist scoring you'd expect from John Boy as well.
        "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Yeah, it's a slow burn to begin with, juuuuuust this shy of boring. Then...WHAM. I think it's brilliant.
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
            Yeah, it's a slow burn to begin with, juuuuuust this shy of boring. Then...WHAM. I think it's brilliant.
            My thoughts exactly! Carpenter probably did that on purpose; the 'ole false sense of security switcharoo. Sly boots that he is.

Reading above reminds me how much I wish Scott Pilgrim was out this side of Christmas. We're only getting it on December 27th.
            "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• and it's physically impossible to talk about 'They Live' and not mention THE FIGHT. THE FIGHT that goes on and on forever and becomes its own mini-movie within the film. It's gloriously excessive and impossible not to enjoy.

Comment

• It was a ton of fun. One of my favourite parts: when Piper goes for the ball-punch early on and David catches him out, only for his groin to take multiple kneeings later.

Comment

• I watched Best of the Best last night.

Eric Roberts cried more when
                    Spoiler: SPOILER! 
                  Team USA lost than when he saw his son in a coma.

I find that awesome.
                  Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
                  John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

• That movie is fucking hilarious.
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• GRANDMA'S BOY! This flick never gets old. I want a sweet car bed from my roommates!
                      I LOVE BEER !!!

Comment

• "Push It" will forever remind me of drunk Linda.

And this is a good thing.

Speaking of which, I saw Push. It was better than the other super power in teh real world movie Jumper, if only for the casting of Cliff Curtis, Ming Na and a McPoyle (not to mention that Hong Kong is fucking amazing location-wise).

Digimon Horseshoe was pretty nonthreatening as far as villains go (strictly in terms of Marvel Power Ratings dorkery) but he was a ruthless motherfucker. On the other side of the spectrum, the Asian Banshee Twins should have been killed upon entering the first frame. That shit was just irritating. Aside from that, the plot was incredibly convoluted, much like McGuigan's last flick Lucky Number Slevin, but he and his chosen cast made the characters appealing enough to let it slide.

The amount of shown and implied violence sort of surprised me, especially at the end.

Spoiler: ENDING SPERLER 
                        HOW COULD YOU END IT WITH DIGIMON GETTING ICED? FOR SHAAAAAAAAME
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I saw part of Push. I really need to see that all the way through, the first 30 minutes was really solid.

Comment

• Digimon Horseshoe. Holy shit.

Comment

• Just started watching Geronimo, which is a 1993 Walter Hill movie with Jason Patric and Matt Damon.

This movie isn't bad, actually.
                              "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Dune

Yes.

Comment

Working...
                                X