Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• She has Bruce's jawline and 5-head.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post

Also, Rumer Willis looked pretty good in this....
      Oh, she is cute.
      "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Yeah, she's got a strong jawline like her dad, but she definitely takes after her mom in the looks department, which is FAR from a bad thing.

She was looking very smashable in the film. Just sayin'.

Comment

• De Palma's Mission Impossible.

Still the best in the series, though the tech looks so old now. Each setpiece follows the grand Bond tradition of being a bit bigger and better than the last, everyone's firing on all cylinders and the plot's tight. An excellent film, the kind of smart big summer film we could do with more of.

Gonna skip Woo's entry and go straight to part 3 tonight.
          I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Originally posted by ben thomas View Post
            De Palma's Mission Impossible.

Still the best in the series, though the tech looks so old now. Each setpiece follows the grand Bond tradition of being a bit bigger and better than the last, everyone's firing on all cylinders and the plot's tight. An excellent film, the kind of smart big summer film we could do with more of.

Gonna skip Woo's entry and go straight to part 3 tonight.
            Two's ok... certainly the weakest of the three, but it does have it's charms. An over the top Dougray Scott being the biggest...

And come on, Ben...

MOTORCYCLE DUEL!

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
              Yeah, she's got a strong jawline like her dad, but she definitely takes after her mom in the looks department, which is FAR from a bad thing.

She was looking very smashable in the film. Just sayin'.
              I've been considering checking the flick out for just this reason. Now, I'm sold. Cheers, Tim!
              "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Originally posted by V View Post
                Two's ok... certainly the weakest of the three, but it does have it's charms. An over the top Dougray Scott being the biggest...

And come on, Ben...

MOTORCYCLE DUEL!
                I must disagree. It's the only movie I ever walked out of.
                Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Yeah, fuck MI2. XXX2 is streets ahead.
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Nathan View Post
                    I must disagree. It's the only movie I ever walked out of.
                    The year 2000 was a fuck.
                    "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• I love the first 'Mission: Impossible' movie. It's a smart and very well-crafted thriller that still holds up. 2 is dogshit...utter dogshit. I actually enjoyed 3 quite a bit, but it's not up to the level of the first one.
                      Originally posted by Martin
                      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                      Originally posted by gravedigger
                      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Ill say this about 3 - it's got the best pre-credits sequence of the series. More thoughts to follow.

How much am I pulling for Brad Bird to knock MI IV out of the park? If he can bring 1/10th of the style, finesse and action chops he displayed on The Incredibles, it'll easy beat out the previous 3 entries.
                        I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• I'm identifying a lot with the anti-M:I 2 sentiment. I saw it once theatrically and have no desire to revisit it. Like the other two, though, and I'd see another.

Comment

• The thing with 2 is it would have been close to passable if it weren't Mission Impossible or Tom Cruise. But you don't "just Woo it" on an IMF film.

Comment

• My issues with MI:2:
                              - it's a complete plot ripoff of 'Goldeneye'
                              - unlike the other two, it totally ignores the laws of physics in several sequences.
                              - Thandie Newton, who I can't stand.
                              - overly-Woo'd action sequences.
                              - too long.
                              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                              Originally posted by gravedigger
                              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Well... there are some glaring flaws, besides the 'dueling motorcycles'.

For instance, know what happens to anyone stupid enough to pull a 'starfish' maneuver while jumping from a commercial aircraft?

Try to imagine hitting a wall at 500 mph... go ahead, I know you won't!

And actually firing a pistol at a car, and making it explode?

Only if the car were filled with TNT. The gas tank trick does not work, folks.

Comment

Working...
                                X