No announcement yet.

RUMOR CONTROL...THESE ARE THE FACTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I still think it's an unnecessary and unsuccessful jaunt. Fire and Wasp's Hovel do not warrant a trip back to the snow-covered, Nazi-sympathizing well.
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Matt's last post is like abstract art.
      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
        Matt's last post is like abstract art.
        I'm entering my 'blue period'.
        Originally posted by Martin
        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
        Originally posted by gravedigger
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
        Originally posted by Martin
        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Don't think home video sales will be the salvation for Dragon Tattoo.

That market is in a real slump and can't think of too many cases where a sequel got made because of that, i.e. Batman Begins and Austin Powers. But even then, those flicks did very well in theaters because of reviews/word-of-mouth/momentum. Something this simply doesn't have.
          Originally posted by Ari
          The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Look, kids, Kevin Smith wants press (again). Now says Hit Somebody will be one movie (again). Whatever.
            Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Him and Jay will be in Houston Alamo Drafthouse this week I think showing Mallrats.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                DRAGON TATTOO may not be lighting up the box office, but it's not flopping. I suspect that it'll take off and find an audience once it hits DVD and bluray. That will warrant a sequel.

Here's the thing with that and what's making Sony lose their minds. It is flopping, but not long-term flopping. However, Sony is in a fucking precarious position where their declining theatrical revenues are threatening the solvency of the company.

Couple that with how bad they took a hit on the Earthquake, Sony is scrambling for anything to work. They're not greenlighting Dragon Tattoo sequels for the hell of it. They're doing it because they're desperate.

Home video can save a lot of flicks. I went over a list of flicks it saved with Jaime that went far beyond Austin Powers and Batman Begins. It's just that the market has changed and we're dealing with a studio that is facing collapse or merger. I'm leaning towards merger/rebranding.
                My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• And just wait till Amazing Spider-Man causes more ass-bleeding for Sony...
                  Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• If the Spider-Man reboot fails to deliver, what're the odds Disney swoops in to try and get the property back? Would Sony sell the rights back, even if it means a huge ass payout?

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
                      If the Spider-Man reboot fails to deliver, what're the odds Disney swoops in to try and get the property back? Would Sony sell the rights back, even if it means a huge ass payout?

Sony wouldn't have a choice at this point. They would sell.
                      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
                        And just wait till Amazing Spider-Man causes more ass-bleeding for Sony...

Here's the thing on that and MIB 3. They both shot cheaper than most modern blockbusters. If they can pull both out of their ass and stick above 220 mil per flick, Sony would buy themselves another year. But, they need a breakout hit faster.

Comment

• Men in Black 3 has big Willie, aka the biggest movie-star in the known galaxy, and the 3D bump. Both of which the foreign movie-goers eat up. So I'm not as concerned with that one.

Spider-Man
                          , on the other hand, has under-performer written all over it.
                          Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Yet one more reason for me to hope the new Spidey flick fails hard. I'd love to see what happens when the property reverts back to Marvel Studios, even if it means yet ANOTHER origin/reboot.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                              Him and Jay will be in Houston Alamo Drafthouse this week I think showing Mallrats.
                              Take one for the team billy.
                              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Akira stalled.

AGAIN.
                                Originally posted by Ari

Comment

Working...
                                X