Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THE MEN OF THE X VARIETY AND OTHER FOX BS (spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THE MEN OF THE X VARIETY AND OTHER FOX BS (spoilers)

20th Century Fox has hired "Gossip Girl" creator Josh Schwartz to write X-Men: First Class. He'd also been offered a chance to direct the film, but declined.

Schwartz, the creator and executive producer of The CW's hit as well as Fox's "The O.C." and NBC's "Chuck," is expected to inject a next-gen sensibility into the superhero series.

The studio has been leaning toward using the younger characters introduced in the previous films in future installments --teenagers with powers taught at the Xavier Institute for Higher Learning.

Resulting film would likely draw from elements of the Marvel Comic of the same name, launched in 2006, and enlist such characters as Iceman, Rogue, Angel, Colossus, Jubilee and Shadowcat, who have appeared prominently or made cameos in prior pics.

Lauren Shuler Donner, who produced all three "X-Men" pics, as well as next summer's X-Men Origins: Wolverine, is producing "First Class" alongside Mr. & Mrs. Smith scribe Simon Kinberg.
    "You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'."
    Homer Simpson

"What if you get scared half to death twice?"
    Steven Wright

Wait...

So X-Men 90210?

Retarded.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Three letters...G-A-Y
      Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

Unless they make it a Sky High type of flick, but less shitty.

Ya know, where superheroes don't whine about stupid trivial bullshit, but DO realize they can do awesome shit that no one else can.

And this guy doesn't know shit about fun.
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

I'd rather see a muppet babies movie.

Comment

Or pop in XX-MEN.
            I'm gonna be totally honest with you. I have a warrant out for a totally nonviolent crime.

Comment

Dude, when are we getting the extended cut?

Comment

yuck. I don't want to see smallville version of xmen. Even, the Generation X movie sucked. but i guess that was made for TV. MATT FREWER FTW - the voice of pink panther in the cartoons wooooo
                Turd Stick.... http://www.blainegarrett.com<br />Krapp's Last 'Cast.... http://www.krappslastcast.com

Comment

Just give us a fucking Invincible movie instead.

Buy up another property and fuck that up instead. Come on, Rothman!
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

AND BAM!

Please let this be good.
                    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Wish they would go a New Mutants route instead. I know this is going to really out me as a X-Men geek but I would love to see the Inferno story on the big screen. Hold on, I'm turning in my self-respect card.
                      We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
                      - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Just wish we could redo the past and have Singer's version of X-Men 3. sigh
                        Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
                        John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

Seconded: do the New Mutants instead. Enough with this fucking prequel shit: let's advance the story.
                          Originally posted by Martin
                          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                          Originally posted by gravedigger
                          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

BRING IN CABLE and BISHOP. EVERYTHING IS BETTER WITH BIG GUNS AND POUCHES.

Comment

Self likes New Mutants. Self liked how self was portrayed.
                              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                              Originally posted by gravedigger
                              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Working...
                              X