Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had a craving to go back and retry the Dead Rising series. Wanted to just grab 4 because of the lack of timers (which I hated in the other games and caused me to not finish 1 or 2) and Xmas setting, but everyone keeps telling me how bad it is so instead just grabbed 1-3 on steam for like $22 total

Playing 3 for the first time and digging the fuck outta it. It still looks gorgeous maxed out for a game that's few years old already. Timers are very forgiving at least this early in the game, never feel overwhelmed with too much to do and no time to do it. The vehicles make getting around way faster and more enjoyable, and the combo weapons are pretty awesome. Plus I got my dude running around looking like Ken from Street Fighter so that's siiick
    XBL/PSN/Steam Gamertag - CalgaryRonin

Comment

• 4 is the best Dead Rising game in the entire series because it's actually fun.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• 1 is great if only for nostalgia but it hasn't aged well. 2 was ambitious but faltered under the shitty hardware that couldn't keep the frame rate up.

3 was okay but near the end it gets real dumb.

4 is the best because after I beat the game, I started it right back up to continue. I've never done that with any of the other games. Plus the DLC for it is a bunch of fun.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Son.of.a.bitch. where was this before I bought all the other ones haha
          XBL/PSN/Steam Gamertag - CalgaryRonin

Comment

• hahahah. peppered throughout this thread and on the podcasts. DR4 was one of my favorite games of last year.

Comment

• Brink is now free to play on Steam. Grabbing it now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                4 is the best Dead Rising game in the entire series because it's actually fun.
                Cracked open the Dank Ridin' 1-3 deal I got a while ago, but was not so hyped for Frank's transformation into a MEMELORD in #4, even if the camera goofs look fun.
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I dunno, Frank was always ridiculous to me but in a way where it felt like the writers didn't intend.

at least they went full out in 4.

Comment

• I understand why people aren't a fan, but the thing is: DR4 is actually a fun game while the other ones were more of a fucking slog. And again, I did love the first one (beat the fuck outta it) but there is so much to hate about it. Mostly the save system, the time, the fact you have to replay the first 2 hours over and over to level up to actually do anything, the shitty AI, etc...

The worst thing about DR4 was the lack of ridiculous bosses but everything else is much more polished and actually a bunch of fun.

Comment

• Yeah, next time Dead Rising 4 is half off I am probably grabbing it. I always wanted to enjoy Dead Rising, but those timers in 1 and 2 are horrible. 3 was much better, and 4 just seems like what I want. Dumbass weapons to run and slice shit up for an hour here and there.

Comment

• DR4 is what got me through my depression during XMAS last year. I don't go into any video game like this looking for a realistic portrayal of a human. The characters in ALL of these games are fucking dumb. the "FRANK IS A MEMELORD" (which I saw way before Russ said anything here) is so not the problem they say it is because these same people said NOTHING of Tiny Tina and her bullshit that straight ruined an entire game. Now that cunt is a memelord.

Comment

• Woof, Tina fucking ruined anything enjoyable about that game.

Burch is a clown.
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Personally, I enjoyed the difficulty jump in DR 1 and the time management made it a pretty tense game throughout. If the AI had been more thoroughly tested, I think it would have been remembered more fondly.
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Oh for sure Russ. The hardest part in DR1 was saving the brain dead AI. I can still have fun with that game occasionally, but DR4 hit everything I liked about the series and amped it up while removing the stuff that didn't work for me.

Comment

• Hmm...may have to purchase this mother then.
                                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                                X