Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's better and worse than the marine. It's better for redonkulessness and no John Cena and worse because it's SOOOOO obviously a low budget flick. Like the "locker room" looks like I put it together whilst half drunk and double stoned.
    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Total Recall since Lesley said she had never watched it before. still holds up for the most part. Ahnold is fun in it, Ironside is sleazy, and Hank from BB is skinny. Good stuff.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Man, I don't know if Brittany has seen the original Total Recall either. Need to dig that out of our boxes.

Do you remember the fucking AWWWWWWWWWWWWWFUL Total Recall NES game?!

Comment

• PUNCH THE PURPLE MIDGETS!
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• I think it's funny how the remake comes out in THREE FUCKING DAYS and there isn't a single review dor it yet.

Get your ass to FAIL?
            Originally posted by Martin
            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
            Originally posted by gravedigger
            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
            Originally posted by Martin
            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Why's it funny? We've had this discussion many times. Embargoes be embargoing. I doubt reviews will be really good, but still want to see this.

Comment

• Billy's right. Honestly, it's not a bad remake. It just doesn't have much need or a point. If you would've called anything else, it would've been a workable Sci-Fi actioneer.
                My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Heard it was dogshit, but Troy's better connected than me.

Recent stuff I saw in a ball-shell:

Bolt

Really fun, much better than a film ostensibly starring Travolta and Hannah Montana has any right to be. Seriously though, this is an overlooked gem for the most part. Fun, exciting and funny. The highest praise I can give it: the 'Dory' character (the hamster) genuinely made me LOL. And I fucking hated Dory. The worst thing I can say about it: the final 10 seconds. WHYYY??? So unnecessary and painful after a real treat.

Shame

Excellent. Never need to see it again. But Fassbender is incredible and - considering its about a rich, good-looking guy with a big schmeckel and all his angst - it didn't annoy me. Except when we had to listen to Carey Mulligan sing ALL of New York, New York. Honestly. I get that the whole film was extended takes, but that was the one time where a little fade to the next shot would have done the job. Other than that, really good, beautifully shot film.

The Woman in Black

Absolutely fine. Again, BEAUTIFULLY shot (I could look at the shot of Ciaran Hinds parked on the edge of the causeway all day) and a really nice, effective sound mix. A few too many cheap jump scares for my liking, but very atmospheric, surprisingly ballsy for a 12 certificate and Radcliffe is doing his best work to date. Straddles the line between mainstream horror and genuine Gothic horror very nicely and is really one of the best looking horror films of recent years. If you dig Hammer and atmosphere, you could do so much worse. Overall, very good.
                  I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Gamer. Still love this fucking retarded movie. So much.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
                      Heard it was dogshit, but Troy's better connected than me.

Recent stuff I saw in a ball-shell:

Bolt

Really fun, much better than a film ostensibly starring Travolta and Hannah Montana has any right to be. Seriously though, this is an overlooked gem for the most part. Fun, exciting and funny. The highest praise I can give it: the 'Dory' character (the hamster) genuinely made me LOL. And I fucking hated Dory. The worst thing I can say about it: the final 10 seconds. WHYYY??? So unnecessary and painful after a real treat.

Shame

Excellent. Never need to see it again. But Fassbender is incredible and - considering its about a rich, good-looking guy with a big schmeckel and all his angst - it didn't annoy me. Except when we had to listen to Carey Mulligan sing ALL of New York, New York. Honestly. I get that the whole film was extended takes, but that was the one time where a little fade to the next shot would have done the job. Other than that, really good, beautifully shot film.

The Woman in Black

Absolutely fine. Again, BEAUTIFULLY shot (I could look at the shot of Ciaran Hinds parked on the edge of the causeway all day) and a really nice, effective sound mix. A few too many cheap jump scares for my liking, but very atmospheric, surprisingly ballsy for a 12 certificate and Radcliffe is doing his best work to date. Straddles the line between mainstream horror and genuine Gothic horror very nicely and is really one of the best looking horror films of recent years. If you dig Hammer and atmosphere, you could do so much worse. Overall, very good.

I've seen it, but I'm held until Friday.

It's not terrible, but it's not good. This whole year is full of that, but Colin Farrell tries his fucking best.

Beasts of the Southern Wild is starting to go wider, so you all should check it out.

Also, Hope Springs wasn't bad.
                      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                        I've seen it, but I'm held until Friday.

It's not terrible, but it's not good. This whole year is full of that, but Colin Farrell tries his fucking best.
                        Long as I get a good Colin and Cranston performance duo I'll have a good time. I'm not looking for anything more.

Comment

• I'd rather see Total Recall than Beasts of the Southern Wild. Not my bag at all.
                          I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffington Headcheese View Post
                            Gamer. Still love this fucking retarded movie. So much.
                            Someone has to.

BOOM
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
                              I'd rather see Total Recall than Beasts of the Southern Wild. Not my bag at all.

You're cutting yourself short, man.

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
                                Someone has to.

BOOM

And I do, unabashedly. It's so fucking all over the place, but goddamn if Dexter isn't awesome in it, and Gerald's wife is FUCKING HAWT in this. Plus Terry Crews.

Comment

Working...
                                X