Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It was satisfying to hear him rip Don King a new one.
    I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Rightfully so too.
      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Pearl Jam Twenty

This was a delight. Really enjoyed seeing the evolution from plucky, shorts-wearing kids who just wanna rock to the discerning alt superstars they are today. Great live/backstage/"behind the scenes" footage.

I probably liked it more than Foo Fighters: Back and Forth, but I think that has more to do with me preferring P.J. than anything.
        "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Very interested in those documentaries, Bobby. I like both bands, and I've watched PJ change and evolve since the early days, so those flicks should hold my interest

Watched Conan the Barbarian (2011) yesterday. Not as bad as I heard it was, though it definitely needed some more work. It did feel closer to the old Marvel Comics, Roy Thomas version of the character, and if Momoa had his hair dyed black and more in his face, he'd have looked like a John Buscema drawing from that period.

Jason Momoa did a pretty good job as the lead, though he did seem to take a page from the Kevin Sorbo school of acting here and there. Some decent action scenes, though there are areas where the CGI effects are so obvious Helen Keller could see 'em coming. Rose McGowan chewed scenery with the best of 'em, although the younger version of her character (played by an actress named Ivana Staneva) was FAR creepier, and just nailed the evilness of the character better than McGowan and her magic forehead did.

The pacing was OK, but needed a bit more work - stuff just happens a couple of times (Conan goes from a ship at sea to horse with nary a transition, for example), and some of the characters do shit that defies logic, akin to the folks on the Walking Dead. Still, the flick is worth a viewing if you're a fan of the genre, and in no way overshadows the Schwarzenegger version. If anything, it hews closer to Conan the Destroyer than the original.

Comment

• Another weird double-feature, totally not my doing, while over at George's yesterday (yup, he's still in pain, and the poor guy is bent over like a human question mark!). Anyway, while he was napping after being bombed out on pain pills, I watched "Silence of The Lambs" while he slept - it was on while I was flipping through the channels, and that's a flick you just don't ever turn off.

Then after he woke up, I had brought "Moonstruck" over, because he never saw it. Neither George nor I are big on romantic comedies, but as anyone who's seen it can tell you, "Moonstruck" gives you a lot more than just that, so he liked it a lot.
            2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
              Watched Conan the Barbarian (2011) yesterday. Not as bad as I heard it was, though it definitely needed some more work. If anything, it hews closer to Conan the Destroyer than the original.
              I still kinda enjoy Destroyer. Especially the Enter the Dragon-type fight at the ice fortress.

Good to know it isn't the horrible thing some have branded it as being.
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Oh, that green skinned demon.... so bad... by I still kinda like Destroyer as well.
                BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Watched Star Trek this weekend. I still really fucking enjoy J.J.'s take on it. Pine works, Quinto is ok and Urban is still fantastic.
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• It's a good movie. Where's the sequel?
                    BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Fucking 2013 can't get here fast enough in regards to that franchise.
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Balls Mahoney View Post
                        I still kinda enjoy Destroyer. Especially the Enter the Dragon-type fight at the ice fortress.

Good to know it isn't the horrible thing some have branded it as being.
                        Originally posted by Martin View Post
                        Oh, that green skinned demon.... so bad... by I still kinda like Destroyer as well.
                        Seriously, I love Destroyer. Don't get the hate.

Comment

• The Descendants

Alexander Payne's best movie. One of Clooney's best roles. This will be a Best Pic nominee.

Arthur Christmas

I still don't get the point of this movie.

My Week with Marilyn

Michelle Williams is quickly becoming my favorite actress. She will get nominated. Everything else is forgettable.
                          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Conan 2011 definitely had it's fur-booted foot in Destroyer-ville in a couple of sequences, as well as doffing its cap to other 80's sword and sorcery flicks. It flowed story-wise like a Roy Thomas epic, and I was almost surprised to not see his name in the credits.

On retrospect, the first part of the flick detailing Conan's boyhood nailed the character in a way Robert E. Howard would've beamed at. Plus, hey, Perlman as Conan's dad, by Crom! And I can't say enough about the kid playing a young version of McGowan's character. That kid was fucking sinister.

Back to Destroyer - I liked it but missed Subotai from the first flick. Subotai > Grace Jones and that wimpy thief that had for comic relief.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                              Seriously, I love Destroyer. Don't get the hate.
                              They fear Grace Jones.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
                                Back to Destroyer - I liked it but missed Subotai from the first flick. Subotai > Grace Jones and that wimpy thief that had for comic relief.
                                If he hadn't helped marginalize Destroyer, we wouldn't have gotten Bob the Goon.

Have you checked out any of the new Dark Horse Conan books? They're not Howard, but they're damn close. And it sounds like part of "Born on the Battlefield" made it into the film.
                                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                                X