Grunge/all music you listened to in the 90's and might still now: the era

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grunge/all music you listened to in the 90's and might still now: the era

I didn't feel like starting up threads for each band. I'm too lazy and am a tad busy.

Alice in Chains. Thoughts? Personally, too fucking awesome. Like way too fucking awesome.

Soundgarden. A fan of some of their stuff, but never was a huge fan back in the day.

Nirvana. If you know me, you know of my intense love for this band.

Smashing Pumpkins. Gish kicked my ass. Simease Dream was fucking awesome as well.

Dinosaur Jr. Good shit.

Meat Puppets. Fantastical

Jesus and Mary Chain. Awesome awesome awesome.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

My friends all loved AIC. I never got too into them. Plus they played it all the ficking time. Made me want to scream. Gish and Siamese Dream are huge. Nirvana = duh. Early Soundgarden did more for me. Especially since Superunknown was/is always on the radio. Don't know a whole lot about Dinosaur Jr, Meatpuppets, or Jesus and Mary Chain.
    Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
    Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
    POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

Alice in Chains is back! New singer, sounds great.... videos up on you tube!
      "Can't really bench press anything when you're sporting less than an inch, it's common with Asian males... FUCK!" ~ nerdious

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - Hunter S. Thompson

Recipient of "The Best Post of the Day Award" : 1

Comment

Heard some stuff. Not bad. Still not that into them. Their drummer is a bad MF though.

Comment

And some more great Grunge:

Sonic Youth
          Mudhoney
          Pearl Jam
          L7
          Babes In Toyland
          Bikini Kill
          Tripping Daisy's
          STP
          Hole (early shit only, first two albums)
          "Can't really bench press anything when you're sporting less than an inch, it's common with Asian males... FUCK!" ~ nerdious

Comment

Hole always sucked. Tripping Daisy was the shit but fuck Polyphonic spree bullshit. L7 fucking owned back in the day. Sonic Youth for the win. Babes in Toyland were always hit or miss for me. STP first 2 albums only.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

"STP first 2 albums only"

Do not agree. The later albums had some fine material.

Comment

Fuck that. Scott Weiland is a fucking tool. Maybe one or two good songs on later albums, but nothing beats Core and Purple.

Comment

First 2, exactly... not much a fan of any other's. Sorry... I like the Hole.

Comment

I H8 Love. Props to Erik and Melissa though.

Comment

Not gonna disagree that Weiland is pretty lame, but there is good stuff on the other albums. Really, I promise!

Comment

There's maybe 1-2 song's on each album I could listen to, nothing like in the early day's.
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uY2_u...eature=related
                        I'm ready to throw on my flannel and ripped jeans now!

Comment

Mad mad love to Stabbing Westward as well.

Comment

Hells Yes!!

Comment

Also, Orange 9mm was decent, and Handsome was pretty good.

Comment

Working...
                              X