No announcement yet.

The Pacific

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, every new episode is better than the last. The latest one was fucking great. This guy playing Leckie is doing a hell of a job.

Comment

This has turned into the retarded brother of Band.

Romance subplots being used as a forced entry to character development is bullshit.

Having this occur twice in one series is a call for immediate immolation at the stake.

What the fuck is this, Pearl Harbor 2?

I was more involved with Ron Livingston's drinking problem than with any of the verbal diarrhea coming out of Snafu's mouth.

If there was as much detail given to character as there was to staging the action, this might have been decent.

As it stands, this was a waste of time and money for all involved.

The Naked and the Dead cost me eighteen bucks and was infinitely more engaging.

(thank HBO's schedule for Treme, otherwise I'd consider canceling my subscription outright)
      Last edited by Captain Russ; 05-13-2010, 12:50 AM.
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

Yea, not enjoying this a ton either. It's hollow, shallow, meandering, has no interesting characters, what little character development we get is really odd and not handled that well. And I still can't believe Band of Brothers was only 10 episodes as well. It felt like a 30 episode show with all that it did.

Comment

I've liked it okay but it's nowhere near as good as Band of Brothers. I thought Radio Flyer did a great job in the latest episode but the arc was so short that I was left going "uh, what?" by the end of the episode. And where the hell did Leckie go?

Comment

Reading up on Leckie IRL, it seems he was hit with shrapnel and sent home, where he published his account of events shortly after his return to Amurika.

James Badge Dale was really good, even though he was playing an insufferable shit at times.

Too bad Jon Seda's a fucking black hole of charisma...

(Radio Flyer was alright, but the character was cardboard thin. Wow, the eight billionth good ol' boy joins up with a hard-on for king and country, big fucking whoop.)
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
            X