No announcement yet.

A Salad Isn't a Salad. . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like salads to be savory, for the most part (sweet tomatoes notwithstanding). So I'm not into the addition of apples/fruit or candies nuts. But that's just me.
    I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

mandarin oranges, craisins

Comment

I'm with Billy and Russ - it has to have at the very least chicken, maybe some shrimp. If it doesn't, it's just a side dish. Add some meat, and that's lunch.
        2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

That's why I like a good antipasto; lots of cold cuts, pepperoncini almost a given, and if you're lucky, some giardinera.
          I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

Croutons.

Need that crunch.

Cheese

That entirely depends on the salad, but it's motherfucking CHEESE.

Lettuce ain't always necessary (see: Greek Salad).

And WTF is that trend with fucking FRUITS IN EVERY SALAD THAT'S NOT A DESSERT? It's cool for some salad to have a fruit to punch it up, but there's an overload right now.
            BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

Grape tomatoes seem to have a tougher skin than cherry tomatoes,IMO.
              “Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it’s always your choice.”

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                WTF is that trend with fucking FRUITS IN EVERY SALAD THAT'S NOT A DESSERT? It's cool for some salad to have a fruit to punch it up, but there's an overload right now.
                Mandarin oranges are cool. The double whammy of strawberries and purple onions are surprisingly good.

But I draw the line at the more exotic things. I fear change.
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Some salads, like the Waldorf, are cool with those fruits. It's just that now 90% of salads have fucking fruits in them.
                  BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

It comes in cycles. One day it'll go back to the basics. You'll see.

Or it will get much worse. Soon a parfait will be called a salad.

Wait, that's not worse. BRING ON THE FUTURE.
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                    X