Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Until Dawn

I feel like this needs its own thread.

Digital Stormare is my everything. His creepy fucking office and how it evolves. How he uses what you tell him against you.
      Spoiler: spoilers 
    The fucking cobra striking at you only after you've seen it appear dead and stuffed three times prior!

And man. Fuck you. I ain't telling you shit about clowns anymore.

So Until Dawn has a feature where if you own the PS4 camera, it will record certain scenes for your reaction. I wish more games did this. Lesley had already made it through this scene and knew what was coming. She just laughed at me. I like that I instinctively grabbed my crotch just in case it was in danger
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

spoiler shit in here man.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

That's interesting, Billy, because

Spoiler:  
        in my game, the snake has always been alive in a jar on the desk.

Late game (I'm assuming) spoilers-

Spoiler: chapter 8 or 9, I think 
        I FUCKING KNEW IT.

I just paused after the reveal to make some breakfast so I don't know the explanation yet but...

It did seem pretty obvious for a variety of reasons, the most meta being at Mr. Robot looks creepy as fuck, but I knew Josh was behind it. Given his dad's employment and the wealth of movie gear available to him I think I understand how he did the buzz saw gag. I'm curious about everything else, though.

I can see some people thinking this is a total cop-out and removes all the tension from the game but I don't think so. I guess we'll see how the rest of the endgame plays out. There's still the matter of the miners and the other guy running around the mountain.

Man, I'm really digging this game.

Comment

Hahaha, that video is great, Rob. Now I wish I had the camera because I damn near punched the screen this morning.

Comment

Rob why the hell are you playing a horror game with all the lights on? Mood kill..
            XBL/PSN/Steam Gamertag - CalgaryRonin

Comment

Man, fuck a lack of inverted controls. Bad things happened because they didn't allow the option for the correct control scheme.

Comment

Bad things happen when you try to play like a monster.

Comment

In retrospect, the controls were a disadvantage but also I should have listened to SPOILER. I will do it right next time but I'm not sure if I'll play SPOILER as a nice person next time so...

Comment

Originally posted by Trejo View Post
                    Rob why the hell are you playing a horror game with all the lights on? Mood kill..
                    Lesley was painting her nails.

Comment

Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
                      Hahaha, that video is great, Rob. Now I wish I had the camera because I damn near punched the screen this morning.
                      I changed a setting that should in theory now record my voice so you guys can hear my "OMG!" yelps.

Comment

Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
                        Man, fuck a lack of inverted controls. Bad things happened because they didn't allow the option for the correct control scheme.
                        Yeah, not a fan of that and it makes no sense why that option isn't available.

Comment

Because the game isn't made by sub-humans. They're letting you know INVERTED PLAYERS ARE THE REAL MONSTERS.

Comment

That is incorrect.

Comment

Just finished my first play through (thanks, vacation!) and here's the final death toll-

Spoiler: I'm sorry... 

Thanks to awful controls, Chris and the Hunter ate it when the wendigo first attacked. Jessica survived the fall down the mine shaft(!) but had her jaw and throat ripped open by a wendigo when Matt kept running instead of hiding (this was SUPER gross, btw). Mike and Ashley made it all the way to the end and then got blown up good when Sam made the mad dash to flip the light switch. Josh didn't die but he assumed the mantle that was vacated by his sister when she got blown up good in the lodge explosion.

The only survivors were Sam, Matt, and that awful bitch Emily. The one person I HOPED would die and she makes it through. Of course.

There were a few things in the back half of the story that I didn't particularly care for but overall I really, really liked this game. I think for a Quantic Dream style game it doesn't suffer as many pitfalls as a QD game. I missed some Collectibles and totems so I'm definitely going to head back for those on subsequent playthroughs so I can see the full video of the past.
                              Last edited by gravedigger; 08-27-2015, 11:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X