XBOX One

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
    I need to see reviews of how it works on actual release servers before I buy it. I refuse to get fucked again like Diablo 3, Sim City, etc.
    Considering it's not running on EA servers, I expect it to be OK. At least on Xbone, PC is on Origin which I don't trust. And we would already be hearing issues if there were problems, I feel. They opened servers last Thursday and have had people playing on them since then, and there were plenty of midnight launches on Xbone and Origin.

Comment

• most of the reviews that are out there aren't finalized due to the server stuff.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Sure, but I'm just saying at this point in the day we usually know about terrible servers. I'm seeing nothing but people having fun on Twitter.

Comment

• Yeah, wasn't it mid-morning on day one that people were talking about the fucked up BF4 situation? I've seen nary a word about Titanfall. I hope it holds strong when I get a chance to play tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
            Yeah, wasn't it mid-morning on day one that people were talking about the fucked up BF4 situation? I've seen nary a word about Titanfall. I hope it holds strong when I get a chance to play tonight.
            Yeah. There was just no way in hell Microsoft was gonna let this be boned, even the PC version. If there's stink on the PC version they wouldn't want it to make people think the Xbone version was messed up too, so apparently they are letting Respawn use the Azure servers there too.

Comment

• sweet, looks like I be grabbing this for the PC this weekend.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• PC version is fucking STUPID big. Goddamn 29gb of audio.

Comment

• the reasoning behind that seems decent though. It's nice to let users who don't have epic rigs play.

Comment

• Enjoy your falling titans.
                    "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                      the reasoning behind that seems decent though. It's nice to let users who don't have epic rigs play.
                      There's no decent reason to pack 29GB of audio into a download. Audio should be regional, or least a way to select.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                        Yeah. There was just no way in hell Microsoft was gonna let this be boned, even the PC version. If there's stink on the PC version they wouldn't want it to make people think the Xbone version was messed up too, so apparently they are letting Respawn use the Azure servers there too.
                        I mean, they're not releasing the game in South Africa because the servers are too far away. They definitely don't want this to be fucked up. I was afraid they were still overpromising but no news appears to be good news so far.

Comment

• I just read their explanation for the audio being MASSIVE. Makes no sense to me, but if it helps, it helps.

Comment

• Titanfall is fucking dooooooooooooooooooooooope. Did the campaign missions from the IMF side, unlocked another Titan chasis. You need to do both sides to unlock the Ogre chassis. Lots of awesome stuff, the map with the ziplines and flying aliens is insane. Want to see more of it.

Comment

• so is the entire game online? any offline single player?

Comment

• It's online multiplayer only. The "campaign" is a series of dedicated match-types that appear to run through each map. The only difference from regular MP is that intros are a bit longer and there are more NPCs talking to you, dropping story bits, throughout the match.

This game is fuckin' rad. Fast paced, dynamic, cool weapons, awesome robots, good level design. So much fun.

Comment

Working...
                                X