BDR's Top 15 Death Scenes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BDR's Top 15 Death Scenes

We had a lot of fun putting this together. We hope you enjoy it!
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Originally posted by Quixotic Panda Rider
    I like shit movies (as Rob has told me many times throughout the years).
    Hahahahaha oh Rob you card you
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

ahha. He wrote his own paragraphs. I just had to fix grammar and spelling.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Slither's bifurcation is still the best of its kind.
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

fuck yeah it is. The actor sells the shit outta it.

Comment

Originally posted by The Man in the Back Row Defending the Right to Own a Poster of Rob Lowe in a Half-Shirt
            This movie is awesome and if you don’t know about it then go fuck yourself with a VHS copy of Mannequin because this movie was awesome back in the day and remains one of the best two Corey films.
            Fuck via Mannequin VHS tape is how I met my fake ex-wife at the "novelty store."

And by "novelty store" I mean Hardee's.
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

Glad you guys are in agreement on the best part of Casa 1K Dead Peoples.

It really is a diamond in a turd basket.
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

You haven't really lived unless you went to camp after marathoning the F13 movies.

And a fish tank in your cabin? What the fuck?
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
                  Glad you guys are in agreement on the best part of Casa 1K Dead Peoples.

It really is a diamond in a turd basket.

He actually really like the whole film but I have to give Zombie credit. That scene is fucking amazing.

Comment

I still have trouble watching the marionette kill. Especially if I've been drankin'.

Also, it's "being torn apart" not "being teared apart" re: Rhodes' inclusion. My assburgers is acting up.

Great show fellas. I'm definitely setting a few of these up for viewin' over midterms. Can't really argue those top 3.
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

thanks man. I also updated "teared" to "torn". thanks for the heads up. I've been staring at this article for a week and knew I was going to fuck up somewhere.

Comment

No biggie. Thanks for the collab, you guys should do it more often for the main site.
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

For sure. Once I told him I'd edit his writing he was all for it. My goal is to start having at least a new "feature" once a week starting after the new year.

Comment

Awesome. I'll be there with fackin' bells on.
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

Full marks, Rob and CJ. Full marks.

My take on each?

15. I, too, love this film, CJ. The first death was the best, but the death of the last girl was pretty fiendish, too (c'mon, half her face covered with the black goo from between the slats and those screams? Creepy, especially since that was telegraphed from the first kill!).

14. Like Rob, I too enjoyed the extended kill, particularly since it was so well-deserved by that character. The original should be required viewing, however.

13. This was the flick that made me a fan of all things Savini - first film of his I recall seeing, before going back to his earlier films. BOOM! Headshot! Indeed!

12. Remember seeing that scene in the theater - brutal fuckin' death scene, with all four victims more or less destroyed. It's like the multiple endings to the last LOTR film! Even threw in a Wilhelm scream, too!

11. Enjoyable, but I got spoiled with Jackson's Braindead(!) and Bad Taste. Once you see a rocket blow up a sheep...

10. Fuck, yeah, Horace!

9. Been way too long since I saw this flick, but yeah, good choice.

8. CJ, I was thinking about this flick earlier today - damn song popped in my head. This reminds me of Iggy's post re: kid kills. Those are always cringe-worthy kills, and this scene is a terrific example of that.

7. Again, another film I haven't seen in so long I've all but forgotten how nasty the kills were. Must rectify, and another good choice for the list.

6. It's a good kill that CJ picked, not quite sure if it's epic, but a good kill nonetheless.

5. CJ picked a good one - lots of good kills in this flick (I would've put the "Run, Rabbit, Run" kill ahead of this pick), but I remember feeling the anticipation for this kill. Like Rob, I prefer Devil's Rejects more, but this flick is still a favorite.

4. Interesting choice. Not sure if it would've made my list, but the scene does have it's charms, as Rob pointed out.

3. Tough call, but another good choice. Personally, I think there were more interesting kills in the franchise, but for sheer brutality, this one's hard to top.

2. Not as huge a fan of this franchise as Rob and CJ are, but I can't argue with their choice here. Kruger at his apex before he became a schtick.

1. YES. The fellas went old school, picked a good one! Classic scene, classic kill, an excellent choice for the #1 spot.

Some good choices in the Honorable Mentions stuff, too - and thanks for putting in my favorite Final Destination kill. I'd have put it on the top 15 myself, but, can't deny the choices you two did pick.

Well done!

Comment

Working...
                              X